At Southeastern Grocers, we are committed to a culture of belonging, inclusion and diversity. Where differences are celebrated, and everyone is empowered to be their full, authentic selves.
The Diverse Supplier program allows us to provide our customers with the most relevant products that best suit their tastes and preferences. Together, we can create an inclusive shopping experience and provide a broader selection to the communities we serve.
Diverse supplier qualifications
- Companies must be at least 51% owned, operated and controlled by one or more individuals that are members of one or more of the groups listed below.
- Companies must have certified status as a diverse business owner through an authorized third-party organization.
- The owner(s) must be involved in operations demonstrating ownership and control.
- In corporations, members of one or more of the groups listed below must hold at least 51% of the voting interest and 51% of the beneficial interest.
Southeastern Grocers recognizes the following groups as eligible to do business through our Supplier Diversity Program:
Minority-Owned Business Enterprise (MBE) - At least 51% owned, controlled, and managed by one or more U.S. Citizens who are a member or members of one or more of these groups:
- Asian Pacific
- Black/African American
- Native American
- Woman-Owned Business (WBE) - At least 51% owned, controlled and managed by one or more women who are U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents.
- Disability-Owned Business Enterprise (DOB) – At least 51% owned, controlled and managed by one or more person with disabilities who are U.S. Citizens or lawful permanent residents.
- LGBT-Owned Business Enterprise (LGBTE) – At least 51% owned, controlled and managed by one or more LGBT person who are U.S. Citizens or lawful permanent residents.
- Business entity (1) owned and operated by a Military Veteran or a Member of the Armed Forces, National Guard or Military Reserves of the United States of America, or (2) owned by one or more Disabled or Incapacitated Military Veterans and operated by the spouse or children of such Veteran or the appointed person of such Veteran.
Certifications recognized, accepted & honoredNational Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC)
Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
National LGBT Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
US Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce (USPAACC)
Federal Government Agency (ex. National Department of Transportation, Department of Veteran’s Affairs)
State Government Agencies (ex. Dept. of Transportation) can certify diversity suppliers.
Become a diverse supplier partner at Southeastern Grocers
Are you a diverse supplier interested in pitching your product in any of the classifications above for consideration from our merchandising team? If so, being aligned with the timing when our team reviews specific categories is a big plus since this is when our category managers are more actively looking for potential new suppliers.
Category Reset Cycle for 2023 (PDF)
We encourage you to review the schedule above and submit the required information here no later than the dates stated.
If you have a product that does not fall into any of the categories mentioned above, you are welcome to submit your information here. Just know that the category manager may be reviewing another category, and the process may take longer.
For any services, submit your information here.
Once received, your application will be reviewed and shared with the appropriate business leader. You will be contacted within 60 days of receipt of your completed application.
Southeastern Grocers will not consider requests from organizations that discriminate in their provision of goods and services based on race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sex, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.