Customer Service Mgr
Store Number: Location 5726
Store: BI-LO Retail Stores
Position Type: Salaried Management
Address: 1000 TANNER FORD BLVD.Hanahan, SC, 29410
- Execute the company vision and expectations through example, management and measurement of performance of department team members.
- Perform manager on duty (MOD) duties when assigned; ensure the entire store team is productive and the total store meets standards.
- Empower teams to deliver a great shopping experience.
- Ensure the total store team is delivering an exceptional customer experience.
- Demonstrate and role model exceptional customer service exceeding customer expectations; ensure team members greet, assist, provide efficient service and thank customers in a prompt, courteous, friendly and business-like manner in order to promote the company image as a service-oriented operation.
- Recruit, interview and hire the best-qualified applicants through pro-active and consistent recruitment techniques, within company established compensation guidelines; ensure new team members receive proper orientation and training.
- Manage, develop, evaluate and retain a team of direct and indirect reports in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Conduct orientation sessions to support the delivery of operational information, job-specific requirements, performance standards, human resources programs and policies, as well as pertinent safety program guidelines for new team members.
- Oversee and ensure prompt, efficient and accurate check-out of customers.
- Address customer issues/complaints and resolve to full satisfaction of customer, within company guidelines while maintaining composure and professionalism.
- Manage inventory, in-stock position, merchandising, labor, security, expense control and other operational processes to company standards.
- Ensure the front end, exterior and parking lot is well maintained and meets or exceeds company standards for appearance.
- Ensure company standards for pricing integrity are maintained, including shelf labels and signs are correct and maintained in all departments including price changes, advertised items, etc.
- Ensure company standards for safety, proper food handling practices, sanitation and productivity are maintained.
- Ensure adherence to alcohol and tobacco products “sales-to-minors,” anti-money laundering policy, WIC and other federal and state regulated activities/programs.
- Evaluate department conditions and operations to determine strengths and areas for improvement; reinforce strengths while developing and implementing improved practices and procedures.
- Manage operations and security of company assets including all cash office procedures.
- Understand, implement and manage the utilization of self-checkout registers (where applicable).
- Develop and maintain a positive image in the community by participating and partnering in community events.
- Attend and participate in weekly meetings to discuss departments’ progress, financial results, recommendations and training enhancements.
- Staff and schedule department team members within staffing plan and budget.
- Ensure adherence to wage and hour policies and regulations.
- Ensure all policies and programs are communicated and executed in a positive and timely manner.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.