|The deli-bakery manager will manage the daily operations of their assigned department. This position is accountable for the profit and loss (P&L) for their department and must use their leadership and merchandising skills to manage product levels and make sound business decisions. In addition, this position is responsible for increasing customer confidence and loyalty by promoting and executing consistent operating conditions, providing fresh and appealing products, providing courteous, knowledgeable and prompt service and a friendly atmosphere in the department.|
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
- Manage inventory, production, in-stock position, pricing integrity, merchandising, labor, security, expense control and other operational processes to company standards.
- Ensure the department is merchandised in accordance with the preferences of the community; maintain shelf allocations to ensure the availability of products at all times.
- Ensure team members greet, assist, provide efficient service and thank customers in a prompt, courteous, friendly and business-like manner in order to promote the company image as a service-oriented operation.
- Ensure the department is well maintained and meets or exceeds company standards for appearance.
- Supervise, train and develop team members in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Evaluate department conditions and operations to determine strengths and areas for improvement; reinforce strengths while developing and implementing improved practices and procedures.
- Conduct weekly sales meetings with team members to establish merchandising, sales and profit objectives.
- Ensure company standards for safety, proper food handling practices, sanitation and productivity are maintained.
- Proof dough products, bake breads, cookies and other bakery products.
- Offer product samples, answer product questions and offer assistance in finding or suggesting product selection.
- Ensure sales and work area are clean and free from safety hazards.
- Cook and prepare bakery products according to company guidelines.
- Prepare special orders are requested by customers (e.g., special occasion cakes, party platters, etc.).
- Responsible for schedule department team members to meet business needs.
- Ensure adherence to wage and hour policies and regulations.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Proven experience in a SEG lead position in the deli-bakery department; or one (1) year management or supervisory experience in supermarkets, retail, restaurants, hotels or general business.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Proven experience in a leadership role in all three areas of the SEG store (customer service, fresh & grocery); or two (2) years proven leadership in a supermarket.
- Proficient with computer applications used in effectively operating the department.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, motivational and communication skills.
- Lives the Valuesby embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-drivenshowing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientatedby passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passionthrough consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities|
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Possession of Food Safety Certification or the ability to obtain same within 180 days of placement.
- Possession of Baking Certification and Basic Cake Decorating Certification or ability to obtain same within 180 days of placement.