- Assist in the preparation of prescriptions including entering patient information (demographics, drug allergies and pharmaceutical history) and prescription orders into the computer for processing.
- Assist pharmacist in filling prescriptions by pulling stock, pouring, counting, restocking, packaging, labeling and pricing the prescription.
- Provide first class customer service by greeting customers as they enter the pharmacy, keeping the pharmacy clean and inviting and answering the phone in a courteous manner.
- Assist pharmacist in the preparation, reconciliation and billing of third party insurance claims and in the re-billing of rejected third party claims.
- Assist in checking and removing out-of-date product as instructed by the pharmacist.
- Order, receive, rotate and store product to assure quality controls.
- Reconcile daily merchandise orders.
- Maintain confidentiality in compliance of federal HIPPA regulations.
- Organize and file records.
- Maintain all product labels, signs and prices aligned with product.
- Keep work area clean, orderly and free from safety hazards; report hazards to store management.
- Perform price checks for customers and associates, as needed.
- Operate the cashier terminal, credit card machine and electronic signature capture device when checking out customers; collect proper payment for merchandise.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Ocassionally - 1-33%
Frequently - 34-66%
Regulary - 67-100%
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand or walk on tile or concrete, use hands or fingers to handle, hold or feel objects, tools or controls, talk, see, hear, smell and perform repetitive movements with both hands and/or both feet. The employee is frequently required to carry, push, or lift up to 100 lbs and pull up to 150 lbs. The employee is occasionally required to sit, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach at waist level or overhead, and climb up to 10 ft.
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee may be exposed to working in indoor, outdoor, cold, heated, and wet/humid working conditions.
Safety Risk FactorsSchedules
The employee is frequently required to twist back and/or neck, walk on a slippery or cluttered floor surface, work with hazardous equipment and be exposed to sharp objects. The employee is occasionally required to be exposed to loud noise, skin irritants, nuisance dust, fumes and sprays, hazardous cleaning solutions and other toxins.
The employee is required to work varied schedules.
Machines, Tools, Equipment, etc.
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee will be required to utilize a computer, telephone, counting tray and spatula, pill tile, microfiche machine, case cutter, Telxon, cash register and other general office supplies and equipment.