|The business partner, human resources (“HR”), will serve as a main point of contact for mid-level HR support for associates, managers and leaders within multiple business units across the organization. This position will work with cross-functional HR resources to interpret policies and procedures, execute performance management strategies and coach leaders to make strong business decisions through their talent resources. |
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
- Partner with HR leadership design, develop, communicate and implement key culture-building initiatives, employee engagement practices and talent-building processes that best support business goals.
- Participate in organizational design efforts to review current state and work processes; coordinate efforts around creating new job descriptions and roles to support organizational changes within business units.
- Utilize HR resources to develop and implement strategies to improve business unit effectiveness and drive overall organization effectiveness efforts.
- Facilitate the talent management process to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps; work with leadership to identify specific programs necessary to fill gaps.
- Provide HR expertise in the resolution of associate issues and grievances; advise and support management in counseling and terminations; work closely with legal to conduct, document and resolve workplace investigations; prepare separation notices and related documentation.
- Assist in managing performance review process for assigned business areas; partner with managers to prepare performance documents including performance reviews, performance improvement plans, disciplinary actions and compensation reviews.
- Counsel business units on basic benefit-related questions and issues, partner with total rewards to educate business units on related policies and practices.
- Manage HR administrative activities to maintain personnel records including job postings, job performance records, new hire paperwork, LOA management, employment status changes and employment terminations in accordance with document retention policy.
- Participate in exit interview process and analyze data for trends; make recommendations to build a culture that attracts and retains top talent.
- Drive diversity initiatives and programs designed to attract, retain and promote a diverse workforce for the company; support company diversity initiatives.
- Partner with legal to ensure the company meets all federal and state regulations in the day-to-day corporate HR practices.
- Plan and coordinate company events that drive talent attraction, engagement and retention.
- Act as a change leader within the organization and coach others in change management.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, organizational development or related field
- Four (4) years progressively responsible experience as an HR generalist with organizational development, employee relations, performance management or strategic human resources; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Professional in human resources certification (PHR or SPHR).
- Master’s degree in human resources or related field; or equivalent experience.
- Lives the Valuesby embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-drivenshowing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientatedby passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passionthrough consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities|
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, including overnight.
- Demonstrated strong understanding of business operations and a proven ability to work across multiple business functions.
- Ability to effectively and comfortably work through ambiguous situations and advise senior management on appropriate course of action for organizational development (restructuring, managing potential acquisitions, cultural assessment, etc.).
- Ability to manage and direct multiple complex projects simultaneously to drive solutions that meet or surpass business expectations and deliver project milestones on-time and within budget.
- Proven collaboration, consulting and conflict management skills with an ability to gain consensus through personal influence.
- Demonstrated success in developing, implementing and guiding an organization through transformational cultural and process changes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, trusted relationships with peers, executives and multiple clients.
- Demonstrated experience researching and analyzing information, formulating valid conclusions from the data and recommending appropriate plans of action.
- Ability to resolve disputes and maintain confidentiality as both a team member and a company advocate.
- Experience with project management, HR systems and HR reporting.
- Intense focus on detail and accuracy of work.