Beverage Associate (PT)
The Beverage Associate (PT)is responsible for increasing customer confidence and loyalty by providing courteous and prompt service, consistent operating conditions and a friendly atmosphere. This position will serve beer and wine while customers shop throughout the stores.
1. Operational Excellence
· Stock and rotate department products to ensure freshness and date control; restock and use supply items efficiently to eliminate waste and to maintain the lowest supply cost. Monitor machines ensuring enough soda syrup, ice and coffee are available.
· Keep work area clean, orderly and free from safety hazards; report faulty equipment and hazards to management. Notify management of team member theft, customer shoplifting, unauthorized mark-downs, property defacement or any action that is illegal and/or against company policy.
· Prepare beverages for store patrons, including beer and wine. Complete sales of cups for customers to use for hot and cold drinks. Maintain an efficient and organized method of receiving and processing customer orders. Provide continuous attention to customer needs; greet, assist and thank customers in a prompt, courteous and friendly manner. Offer product suggestions when appropriate. Use Product knowledge to encourage more food purchases and repeat store visits.
· Process customer checkout transactions swiftly and accurately and receive payments by cash, check, debit/credit cards and vouchers. Maintain control over register, and ensure drawer is in balance with total customer receipts.
· Sell alcoholic beverages according to the standards of both the law and our company. Requirements include checking driver’s license for age verification, identifying customers who should not be served additional alcohol and monitoring customers to assist in the prevention of open containers leaving the store.
High School / GED
Course of Study:
Course of Study:
0 - 3 yrs minimum
0 - 3 yrs minimum
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· TIPS Training required prior to position start date. *See Addendum Below.
· Basic math skills.
· Possess proficient computer skills.
· Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
· Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
· Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
· High standard of integrity and reliability
· Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
· Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
Retail Grocery Location
Retail – Grocery
While performing the essential functions of this position, the associate is regularly (67-100%)required to stand or walk on carpet, tile or concrete, carry, push, lift up to 25 lbs. with assistance or pull up to 250 lbs. The employee is occasionally (1-33%)required to sit, use hands or fingers to handle, hold or feel objects, tools or controls, talk, see, hear and perform repetitive movements with both hands.
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is typically not substantially exposed to adverse working conditions.
Safety Risk Factors:
The employee is occasionally (1-33%)required to twist back and/or neck and walk on a slippery or cluttered floor surface.
Equipment, Tools, etc.:
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee will be required to handle cleaning supplies and equipment, general office equipment, Register, pricing gun, scales, scanner, various material handling equipment, such as racks, carts, pallet jacks and shopping carts. The employee will also be required to operate a baler/compactor and box cutter.
Travel Percent: 0%
Required training topics for this position include:
1. Alcohol Compliance Training
2. Tapping and Configuring Kegs
3. Perfect Pour Essentials
4. Beer Science & Styles