Pizza Artisan FT
Store Number: Location 0251
Store: Winn-Dixie Retail Stores
Position Type: Hourly Associate
Address: 3275 SW 22ND STREETMiami, FL, 33145
- Responsible for all production stages of the pizza shop in the Prepared Foods department, including ensuring adequate amounts of appropriate raw ingredients, preparation and staging of menu items and the preparation of menu items according to the established Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
- Stage the next day’s work by ensuring ingredients are set and pizza dough is thawed, kneaded and stretched.
- Ensure the pizza shop is merchandised appropriately for the season and in accordance with the needs of the community.
- Serve pizzas and hot pressed and specialty sandwiches during peak meal hours which will include the making, packing and rotating of specialty sandwiches, including sandwich building per customer orders.
- Stock and rotate pizza shop products; monitor and minimize spoilage of products.
- Create and plan daily production items and recipes for the pizza shop as needed to move through product on hand and ensure inventory levels are acceptable, with guidance from the Fresh Foods Operations Manager; assist with the inventory planning of the department.
- Monitor food temperatures, record hot food tracking chart statistics, and understand and follow shelf life guidelines.
- Answer product questions and offer advice regarding food preparation, cooking and pairing.
- Keep work area clean, orderly and free from safety hazards; report faulty equipment and hazards to manager.
- Sanitize work station and equipment in the pizza shop.
- Operate department equipment and tools including scale, printer, cash register, pizza oven, pizza stones, and other specialized equipment used to prepare pizzas and specialty sandwiches.
- Provide continuous attention to customer need; greet, assist, provide efficient service and thank customers in a prompt, courteous, and friendly manner.
- Notify management of associate theft, customer shoplifting, unauthorized mark –downs, property defacement or any action that is illegal and/or against company policy.
- Ensure company standards for safety, proper food handling practices, product labeling, sanitation and productivity are maintained, as well as maintain the appearance and freshness of the department.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.