Region Safety Manager - Bilingual
Region Safety Manager
This position will manage the safety program for an assigned group of stores that is designed to minimize associate and customer accidents. This includes reviewing and recommending loss control strategies, ensuring program conformance to applicable laws and regulations, preparing required reports, and monitoring and evaluating the program activities in stores to ensure the delivery of quality services.
1. Manage and drive the company safety program for the assigned group of stores in their region. Perform operational practices relating to the execution of controls designed to minimize liability and ensure the appropriate countermeasures have been deployed in especially problematic stores and that those measures are utilized according to policy. This role will work with various levels of store management in monitoring performance and training of contracted security/law enforcement personnel for assigned stores. The role will ensure adherence to established policies and procedures throughout the region.
2. Train and motivate safety team to ensure all investigations are conducted using all legal means necessary and within the framework of established department investigative policies and procedures. Work collaboratively with Risk Management, Store Operations and AP Analysts to identify trends for customer and associate accidents. Manage safety performance scorecards for the Asset Protection and Operations departments in region, including metric definitions and period reports/dashboards on results to plan.
3. Work with all levels of management to drive change throughout region by making sure programs are understood. Develop relationships and partnerships with asset protection vendor community and command rank law enforcement officials. Establish self in loss prevention and safety professional community to continue development and bring industry best practices into use in region.
4. Update and manage response to all critical incidents in the assigned area of responsibility; conduct critical incident investigations timely and thoroughly and ensure those investigations are well documented.
5. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree or 4 years additional relevant work experience
Course of Study:
Criminal Justice, Business Administration
Course of Study:
Same as above.
6 - 10 yrs minimum
English & Spanish
English & Spanish
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
· Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice, business administration or related field or at least four (4) years’ experience in asset protection/loss prevention, forensic accounting, auditing or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· PC skills including working knowledge and proficiency with the primary Microsoft Office applications.
· Possess a valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record.
· Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
· Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Preferred:
· Experience with Hyperion and PeopleSoft.
· Certified Forensic Interviewers (CFI)/Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE)/Certified Protection Professional (CPP) designation
Store Support Center
While performing the essential functions of this position, the associate is regularly (67-100%)required to sit, use hands or fingers to handle, hold or feel objects, tools or controls, talk, see, hear and perform repetitive movements with both hands. The employee is occassionally (1-33%)required to stand or walk on carpet, tile or concrete, carry, push, lift or pull up to 10 lbs.
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is typically not substantially exposed to adverse working conditions.
Safety Risk Factors:
The employee is occassionally (1-33%)required to twist back and/or neck and walk on a slippery or cluttered floor surface.
Equipment, Tools, etc.:
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee will be required to utilize a personal computer, telephone, printer, copy machine, facsimile machine and other general office supplies and equipment.
30% - 40%