Retail Systems Technician (Miami, FL)
Retail Systems Technician
Manages and assists in installation of all computer hardware/software in Southeastern Grocers (SEG) retail locations. These retail location will include the following banners BI-LO, Fresco, Harvey’s, Winn-Dixie and all liquor stores.
1. Install computer hardware/software as directed by Field Operations manager.
2. Participate in various hardware/software rollout projects as directed by company priority and will manage the computer installations at new and re-modeled BI-LO/Fresco/Harvey’s/Winn-Dixie locations, and ensures the stores meetconstruction deadlines from a system hardware perspective.
3. Troubleshoot technical problems in retail locations as directed by Field Operations and SEG’s Technical Support center and work with IT procurement teams to maintain proper inventory records of retail computer equipment that is installed, or will be installed.
4. Work with maintenance vendors to troubleshoot technical problem in retail locations that may be infrastructure related and assist other Technicians with technical support and questions.
5. Act as liaison to pass on technical knowledge to other Field Engineers and assist other division or Field Engineers with heavy projects, or problem stores as needed.
6. Assist all division management with their job duties as time permits.
7. Fill in for other division Technicians as needed for vacations, LOA’s, or other absences
8. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
High School / GED
Course of Study:
Course of Study:
0 - 3 yrs minimum
0 - 3 yrs minimum
English & Spanish
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
Must have working knowledge of Toshiba 4690 POS architecture, Toshiba self-checkout systems, and computer network design topology including switches, routers, servers and workstations. Must be able to troubleshoot network issues including switch and PC configuration problems. Must be familiar with basic network topology, including Ethernet, token ring, and frame relay infrastructure.Must be able to use category 5E cabling tools, and make cat-5 cables. Must have had verifiable experience trouble shooting POS equipment in a retail environment.Must be able to use other power and hand tools, this includes cordless drills, screwdrivers, and typical electronic tools such as multi meters, cable testers, etc. must be able read blueprints and have a good mechanical aptitude. Must be able to read, write, and speak English proficiently.Must have excellent problem solving skills. Must be able to speak and work with a remote technical support center to solve problems. Must be licensed to drive, and be able to operate company vehicles. Required to pass a driving, and criminal background check. Technician must be able to drive frequently (50,000 miles per year) on behalf of the company.Must be able to rent cars, and fly on airplanes.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Preferred:
Cat 5E cabling certification preferred
Store Support Center
While performing the essential functions of this position, the associate is regularly (67-100%)required to stand, walk, drive, and perform repetitive movements.The employee is frequently (34-66%)required to stand or walk on carpet, tile or concrete, carry, push, lift or pull up to 70 lbs, stoop, kneel, crouch, handle, feel, or crawl under counters. The employee is occasionally (1-33%)required to climb on ceilings or reach more than four feet.
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is sometimes exposed to adverse working conditions.
Safety Risk Factors:
The employee is occasionally (1-33%)required to twist back and/or neck and walk on a slippery or cluttered floor surface.
Equipment, Tools, etc.:
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee will be required to utilize a personal computer, telephone, printer, copy machine, facsimile machine, store systems, hand tools including screwdrivers and wrenches, power tools including heavy saws, drills, and sockets, Category 5 testing equipment, Computer disks, CD’s, and software, automobiles or vans, and other general office supplies and equipment.