|The store merchandise manager will lead, manage and develop grocery store department (dry grocery, general merchandise, alcohol, dairy and frozen food) operations and associates and execute best practices to maximize sales and profitability. This position will increase customer confidence and loyalty to the company by promoting consistent operating conditions, courteous and prompt service and a friendly atmosphere.|
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
- Execute the company vision and expectations through example, management and measurement of performance of department associates.
- Empower teams to deliver a great shopping experience.
- Perform manager on duty (MOD) duties when assigned; ensure the entire store team is productive and the total store meets standards.
- Manage inventory, ordering processes, in-stock position, pricing integrity, merchandising, labor, security, expense control and other operational processes to company standards.
- Manage the store’s DSD operation as well as the product availability for all CGO merchandise items.
- Demonstrate and role model exceptional customer service exceeding customer expectations; ensure associates greet, assist, provide efficient service and thank customers in a prompt, courteous, friendly and business-like manner in order to promote the company image as a service-oriented operation.
- Ensure each department’s signing and merchandising reflects the preferences of the local customer base and overall value message.
- Recruit, hire, manage, develop, evaluate and retain a team of direct and indirect reports in accordance with company policies and procedures; staff and schedule department employees within staffing plan and budget.
- Train and coach associates on all KPI’s, product processing, customer service, product knowledge, suggestive selling, safety and sanitation.
- Evaluate department conditions and operations to determine strengths and areas for improvement; reinforce strengths while developing and implementing improved practices and procedures.
- Ensure shelf conditions and planogram integrity by monitoring new and discontinued items, and distribution voids according to company policy.
- Coordinate, plan and order seasonal and non-seasonal merchandise as it relates to advertised events and time of season; educate associates on the effect of market area conditions and seasonal variations on product and sales.
- Develop and maintain a positive image in the community by participating and partnering in community events.
- Attend and participate in weekly meetings to discuss departments’ progress, financial results, recommendations and training enhancements.
- Ensure grocery department operations are consistent with all aspects of federal, state and company health, safety and sanitation codes.
- Ensure adherence to wage and hour policies and regulations.
- Ensure all policies and programs are communicated and executed in a positive and timely manner.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Proven experience in a SEG department manager or leadership development position; or one (1) year management or supervisory experience in supermarkets, retail, restaurants, hotels or general business.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field; or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience in a leadership role in all three areas of the SEG store (customer service, fresh & grocery); or two (2) years proven leadership in a supermarket.
- Proficient with computer applications used in effectively operating the department.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, motivational and communication skills.
- Lives the Valuesby embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-drivenshowing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientatedby passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passionthrough consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities|
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Possession of Food Safety Certification or the ability to obtain same within 180 days of placement.