Florida - Pharmacy Tech (Non-Certified)
Store Number: Pharmacy 1694
Store: Harveys Pharmacy
Position Type: Hourly Pharmacy Technician
Address: 201 W. 48TH STREETJacksonville, FL, 32208
Job Title: Pharmacy Technician
Location: Retail Grocery Location
|The pharmacy technician will assist the pharmacist in the areas of prescription filling, prescription distribution and clerical activities while under the pharmacist’s supervision at all times. This position should increase customer confidence and loyalty to the pharmacy by providing consistent operating conditions, courteous and prompt service, and a friendly atmosphere. This role will accurately and courteously express pharmacy policies and procedures to the customers when appropriate.|
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
- Assist in the preparation of prescriptions including entering patient information (demographics, drug allergies and pharmaceutical history) and prescription orders into the computer for processing.
- Assist pharmacist in filling prescriptions by pulling stock, pouring, counting, restocking, packaging, labeling and pricing the prescription.
- Provide first class customer service by greeting customers as they enter the pharmacy, keeping the pharmacy clean and inviting and answering the phone in a courteous manner.
- Assist pharmacist in the preparation, reconciliation and billing of third party insurance claims and in the re-billing of rejected third party claims.
- Assist in checking and removing out-of-date product as instructed by the pharmacist.
- Order, receive, rotate and store product to assure quality controls.
- Reconcile daily merchandise orders.
- Maintain confidentiality in compliance of federal HIPPA regulations.
- Organize and file records.
- Maintain all product labels, signs and prices aligned with product.
- Keep work area clean, orderly and free from safety hazards; report hazards to store management.
- Perform price checks for customers and associates, as needed.
- Operate the cashier terminal, credit card machine and electronic signature capture device when checking out customers; collect proper payment for merchandise.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician: Successfully complete the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) exam.
- Pharmacy Technician (Non-Certified): no certification required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Possess good telephone skills and complete cashier training.
- Ability to understand and operate the computer in the pharmacy.
- Possess and exercise good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Lives the Valuesby embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-drivenshowing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientatedby passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passionthrough consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities|
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Must be registered with the Board of Pharmacy in the state employed.