Sr SSC HR Business Partner
Sr SSC HR Business Partner
Responsible for supporting business leadership in implementation of daily operations and strategic initiatives. This position serves as the main point of HR support and partnership for leaders and managers across multiple business units in the organization. The position works with cross-functional HR resources to ensure that the business receives world-class associate relations, benefits, compensation, talent acquisition, talent culture & engagement, call center, HRIS, payroll, training, and development services. The position works with leaders to ensure that they are developing a culture in line with company values and that SEG is a world-class place to work.
1. Enhance organizational leadership capability by serving as a thought partner and coach; recommend leadership activities to drive team communications and effectiveness; design and support team effectiveness activities; engage the organizational development team as necessary. Draw on significant prior experience in management and/or human resources to make recommendations impacting the business and associates.
2. Ensure talent acquisition strategies are implemented; support recruitment and selection by participating in the interview process for key positions; and support the on-boarding process by working with managers to ensure that they are on-boarding associates effectively. Support diversity initiatives and programs designed to attract, retain and promote a diverse workforce. Analyze data for trends and make recommendations to ensure team culture attracts and retains top talent.
3. Ensure talent management strategies are implemented, including strategic goal setting, individual development plans, annual review and calibration, succession planning and ongoing performance management. Ensure teams receive the training they need, including leadership, communications, technical, and role-specific training; engage the training team for support; and design and deliver training where necessary.
4. Support organizational design, role clarity and business process improvement initiatives; coordinate efforts around creating new job descriptions and support organizational changes within business units; for larger-scale initiatives, engage the organizational effectiveness team and other HR resources for additional support as necessary.
5. Ensure headcount budget is managed, and pay reviews, promotions and off-cycle pay increases are processed. Coordinate efforts to ensure HRIS is updated and accurate.
6. Advise business units on basic benefit and leave-of-absence-related questions and issues; engage the benefits team to answer more complex questions; advise business units on requests for accommodation and engage legal to guide the interactive process where necessary.
7. Advise and support management on basic associate issues and grievances; in more complex situations, engage the associate relations team to conduct, document and resolve workplace investigations. Advise and support management on terminations and work with legal to prepare separation documentation as necessary; coordinate efforts in processing standard terminations effectively; oversee exit interview process.
8. Provide ongoing feedback to centers of excellence about the client experience with, and feedback on, the services delivered, and provide input on the continuous improvement of tools and services. Partner with legal to ensure the company meets all federal and state regulations in the day-to-day corporate HR practices. Draw on significant prior experience in management and/or human resources to make recommendations impacting the business and associates.
9. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Course of Study:
HR, Business Admin., Org. Development, or related field
Course of Study:
Same as above
Years of Experience:
English & Spanish
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
Demonstrated strong understanding of business operations and a proven ability to work across multiple business functions. Ability to effectively and comfortably work through ambiguous situations and advise senior management and executive leadership on appropriate course of action for organizational development (restructuring, managing potential acquisitions, cultural assessment, etc.). Proven collaboration, consulting and conflict management skills with an ability to gain consensus through personal influence. Experience with project management, HR systems and HR reporting.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Preferred:
Professional in Human Resources certification (SPHR or SHRM-SCP). Supervisory experience.
Store Support Center
While performing the essential functions of this position, the associate is regularly (67-100%)required to sit, use hands or fingers to handle, hold or feel objects, tools or controls, talk, see, hear and perform repetitive movements with both hands. The employee is occassionally (1-33%)required to stand or walk on carpet, tile or concrete, carry, push, lift or pull up to 10 lbs.
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is typically not substantially exposed to adverse working conditions.
Safety Risk Factors:
The employee is occassionally (1-33%)required to twist back and/or neck and walk on a slippery or cluttered floor surface.
Equipment, Tools, etc.:
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee will be required to utilize a personal computer, telephone, printer, copy machine, facsimile machine and other general office supplies and equipment.