Manager, Own Brands Product Development
Store Number: 8311
Store: Southeastern Grocers
Category: Store Support / Corporate
Position Type: Merchandising
Address: 8928 PROMINENCE PARKWAY BUILDING 200Jacksonville, FL, 32256
Job Title: Manager, Own Brands Product Development
Location: Store Support Center
|The manager, own brands product development, is responsible for the design, planning and launch of own brand products within an assigned category. This position will oversee all phases of the development process (idea to shelf), with the guidance of the sr manager, own brands product development to ensure successful execution and achievement of desired product and financial results.|
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
- Develop, execute and monitor thorough and comprehensive launch plans for own brand products within assigned category.
- Oversee the development of own brand products for assigned category; monitor trends to identify market demands for new item innovations.
- Responsible for own brand penetration and the end to end operations of own brand new item launches.
- Analyze own brand product lines for assigned categories to ensure they are meeting or exceeding sales and profit objectives; identify opportunities for improvement in the financial results.
- Establish and maintain vendor relationships, including but not limited to vendor selection, negotiating contract terms and evaluating vendor performance.
- Collaborate effectively with leaders cross functionally in other departments, such as marketing, pricing, planograms, etc., in order to execute the end to end operations of the own brands product line for assigned categories.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and three (3) years of professional level marketing, merchandising or related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior own brands experience.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Master’s degree in marketing, finance or related field.
- Lives the Valuesby embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-drivenshowing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientatedby passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passionthrough consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities|
- Strong PC skills including working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to manage and direct multiple complex projects simultaneously to drive solutions that meet or surpass business expectations and deliver project milestones on-time and within budget.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively convey complex and detailed information to a diverse population.
- Exceptional problem resolution and process improvement skills.
- Superior analytical, organizational, decision-making and project management skills.
- Ability to maintain the highest level confidentiality.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time, including overnight.