Analyst, Demand Planning
Store Number: 8311
Store: Southeastern Grocers
Category: Store Support / Corporate
Position Type: Supply Chain
Address: 8928 PROMINENCE PARKWAY BUILDING 200Jacksonville, FL, 32256
Job Title:Analyst, Demand Planning
Location: Store Support Center
|The analyst, demand planning, is responsible for the accurate forecasting of retail promotional, seasonal and emergency product needs and delivering “Best in World Class Store Dependability” to customers by ensuring stores have the right product, at the right place, at the right time. This position will work closely with company merchants, store operations and third-party suppliers to develop, implement and measure performance metrics. In addition, this role will be a key linkage to third-party supplier replenishment team for turn and promotional service levels.|
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
- Forecast and book promotional products to be procured by third-party supplier, C&S Wholesale grocers; ensure targeted service levels for promotional items which are critical to maintaining service level to the stores are achieved.
- Review category team promotional projections for accuracy and identify the cause of incorrect forecasts.
- Work with the sr manager, supply chain to develop, implement and coordinate supply chain initiatives for the company and to identify process improvements to assist category management with strategies that impact the category business planning process.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of industry practices in the area of procurement and supply chain systems and processes in order to enhance the competitive position of the company.
- Develop and monitor procedures needed to support the purchasing system and develop methods to improve the system in order to achieve the objective of balancing inventory control, service level, and warehouse/distribution costs.
- Develop techniques to improve forecasting, replenishment buying and forward buying.
- Monitor, track and follow-up on action plans to eliminate excess inventory.
- Analyze and report on the results of supply chain initiative implementations.
- Supervise the elimination of excess inventory through product returns, promotional activity or other activities as outlined in third-party supply chain contract requirements.
- Review daily promotional out-of-stocks, identify the root cause and take steps to correct the situation and minimize the disruption at retail.
- Manage the collaboration between the category teams and third-party supplier to ensure all cost changes and deals are correct and in the system for invoice matching.
- Provide exceptional customer service to the category teams, stores and field team members and assist with resolution and follow-up of issues involving third-party supplier.
- Evaluate and recommend solutions for manufacturer driven out of stocks due to late POs and manufacturer cuts on POs to our third-party supplier.
- Complete special projects for management as requested.
- Provide updates on crop/product pricing as well as volume impacts to the category teams to assist in forecasting and planning.
- Review all product dating in distribution center to ensure compliance with agreed to specifications, minimize the level of short coded product and determine disposal plans for out of code or short coded product with the category team.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Critical Competencies and Skills.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, supply chain or related field and two (2) years of experience in retail, procurement or supply chain; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills and ability to craft unique reporting solutions for management.
- High standard of integrity and reliability.
- Lives the Valuesby embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-drivenshowing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientatedby passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passionthrough consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities|
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, including overnight.
- Demonstrated strong PC skills including proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively convey complex and detailed information to a diverse population.