|The business analyst III will be the primary interface between IT and business partners and is responsible for ensuring the requirements identified for a business solution on a project are comprehensive, are in-line with the actual business needs and are successfully delivered to the business. In addition, the business analyst III will lead a variety of projects and provide guidance to junior associates.|
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
- Explore, identify and document business requirements (exposing root cause) focusing on understanding and prioritizing business dependencies.
- Develop functional requirements based on the gathered business requirements.
- Perform testing and facilitate user-acceptance testing of new application systems and technology.
- Maintain proficient knowledge and adhere to project management and software delivery methodologies.
- Ensure compliance with project management office (“PMO”) standards, procedures and Sarbanes Oxley.
- Ensure required project documentation is current and accurate including but not limited to as-is and to-be business process documents, business requirements, functional requirements, communication plans, training plans, test plans, scenarios and scripts, organizational change management plans, and operational support plans.
- Monitor and manage KPIs (TBD) for project relative to the definition, design, and delivery of business and functional requirements.
- Evaluate application software packages to ensure business needs are met.
- Maintain proficient working knowledge of use case writing and other requirements analysis techniques.
- Develop and maintain solid partnerships with relevant business, IT, cross team personnel and departments.
- Ensure adherence and support of IT governance policies while maintaining strong customer service orientation.
- Recognize and articulate business and technical decision trade-offs.
- Contribute to the usability and performance of applications by acquiring user feedback and cross-referencing business processes with application usage.
- Make tough decisions with minimal direction; act as a coach and influence tactical direction.
- Maintains strong relationships with all key business stakeholders to ensure full understanding of business processes and potential future business needs.
- Leads gap analysis, business process re-engineering, requirements gathering and problem-solving activities to meet the business needs.
- Work with the business partners to identify opportunities to improve productivity or efficiency in business processes and define requirements with the business to create solutions to achieve those improvements.
- Develops strong business relationships and integrating activities with other IT departments to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts.
- Assist make tough decisions with minimal direction; act as a coach and influence tactical direction.
- Participates in technical design to ensure requirements are met.
- Assist PMO with the tracking and documentation of the business benefits and process changes.
- Participate in the development of project charters and financial business cases.
- Participate in key IT projects and serve as project manager as assigned.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in information technology, computer science, business administration or related field and; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with technical requirements gathering (interview techniques, JAD sessions, questionnaires), requirements analysis (documentation analysis: sequence, activity, state or UML diagrams; prioritization, cost/benefit, gap or traceability analysis) or business process re-engineering (current/future process/data flows, time studies).
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Five (5) years of business analysis experience in the retail industry.
- Demonstrated excellent listening, persuasion, verbal and written communication skills to effectively convey complex and detailed technical information.
- Lives the Valuesby embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-drivenshowing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientatedby passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passionthrough consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities|
- Ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Self-starter with the initiative to learn new processes.
- Intense focus on detail and accuracy of work.
- Solid organizational, analytical, problem-solving and time management skills.
- Demonstrated expert PC skills including proficiency with the primary Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, including overnight.