Store Number: 8311
Store: Southeastern Grocers
Category: Store Support / Corporate
Position Type: Merchandising
Address: 8928 PROMINENCE PARKWAY BUILDING 200Jacksonville, FL, 32256
Job Title: Analyst, Pricing
Location:Store Support Center
|The analyst, pricing, is responsible for the execution of strategic and tactical pricing initiatives within multiple categories. This position will support the pricing management team with the planning, development and implementation of pricing activities.|
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
- Monitor monthly competitive price checks and identify competitive moves within the price zones and any trends impacting the category and/or the overall company pricing position.
- Create reports to analyze category pricing rules, identify trends related to the performance of the category and work with the pricing management team to recommend tactics to reach the goals of the category.
- Process all new items and discontinued items within assigned categories on a timely basis; verify pricing attributes are correct, determine if a price association code is necessary and communicate with data integrity any adjustments or corrections to the item prior to maintenance pulling to the stores.
- Conduct data analysis including competitive analysis, category performance, item level forecasting and pre/post-promotional analysis.
- Provide back-up assistance for data entry into the pricing systems to meet specified system deadlines.
- Evaluate held retails monthly and provide detailed analysis of items that need to be reviewed with the business unit to increase the deal rate or remove completely.
- Assist with the development and compilation of documentation needed to prepare pricing management for upcoming category business reviews.
- Visit stores with management to review current category pricing strategies, own brand relationships and gaps, competitive pricing strategies and promotional activity.
- Visit local competitors to collect retail information necessary to assist the business units with selecting the best promotional price for dependable deals and other long-term TPR’s bi-monthly with the manager and/or director, category, to review current store conditions and category schematics to ensure proper space allocation and labor needs.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field and two (2) years of retail analytical experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Lives the Valuesby embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-drivenshowing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientatedby passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passionthrough consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities|
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, including overnight.
- Demonstrated strong PC skills including working knowledge and proficiency with the primary Microsoft Office applications with a particular emphasis on Excel and other advanced data management techniques.
- Problem solving skills, including problem analysis, decision making, creativity and innovation.
- Proven ability to interpret data and express the implications of analyses.
- Ability to set priorities, plan and coordinate work activities and manage time and resources to accomplish work objectives on time.
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience in relationship building and conflict resolution to develop and maintain positive working relationships with peers, management, suppliers and other company departments.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written including the ability to address diverse audiences in a clear and concise manner.
- Results-oriented with ability to maintain a high level of work activity under a variety of conditions.
- Experience utilizing teamwork skills to create and maintain a cooperative work environment and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to persuade internal and external customers to commit to specific courses of action.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.