Consumer Research Analyst
Consumer Insights Analyst
Responsible for working with data from a variety of sources in order to develop actionable insights to support strategic decision making. As an entry level position, the incumbent will work on gaining a solid understanding of Southeastern Grocers’ various data sources and overall company strategy in order to provide supporting data and insights-driven decisions. The position will work with higher level analysts to support the department’s objectives.
1. Prepare routine reports to understand customer behavior and identify opportunities to increase sales, acquire and retain customers, summarize data. Perform ad-hoc analysis, reporting and derive insights using data spanning a variety of sources.
2. Work with higher level analysts to create presentations to provide analysis, insights, and recommendations to partners across the organization.
3. Support the business teams using various data platforms to identify risks and opportunities from the consumer perspective.
4. Conduct regular audits of various data sources to ensure accurate information is being used.
5. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Course of Study:
Statistics, Math, Computer Science or related field
Course of Study:
Business or related field
0 - 3 yrs minimum
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word). Experience with extraction and utilization of POS, Supply Chain, or Loyalty data via SQL, SAS, Hyperion, or Alteryx. Proven ability to interpret data and express the implications of analyses.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Preferred:
One (1) year or more of industry/sector experience with the ability to translate technical findings to a non-technical audience.
Store Support Center
While performing the essential functions of this position, the associate is regularly (67-100%)required to sit, use hands or fingers to handle, hold or feel objects, tools or controls, talk, see, hear and perform repetitive movements with both hands. The employee is occassionally (1-33%)required to stand or walk on carpet, tile or concrete, carry, push, lift or pull up to 10 lbs.
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is typically not substantially exposed to adverse working conditions.
Safety Risk Factors:
The employee is occassionally (1-33%)required to twist back and/or neck and walk on a slippery or cluttered floor surface.
Equipment, Tools, etc.:
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee will be required to utilize a personal computer, telephone, printer, copy machine, facsimile machine and other general office supplies and equipment.