|The information security architect is responsible for the design and execution of large and complex security projects, ensuring enterprise security design and best practices are followed and validating IT project deployments meet regulatory and compliance requirements. This position designs, analyzes, plans and tests established security controls.|
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
- Develop and execute processes to ensure the company meets PCI, HIPAA-HITECH and SOX Compliance security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements, researching information security standards, conducting security risk assessments and vulnerability analyses and preparing security architecture/platform systems.
- Develop security solutions that help ensure that IT projects and solutions are deployed in adherence to compliance requirements and industry standards by testing network and security technologies, developing security guidelines for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, UNIX and Windows based servers as well as any related security and network devices.
- Implement security systems by specifying intrusion detection methodologies and equipment, directing equipment and software installation and calibration, preparing preventive and reactive measures, providing technical support and completing documentation.
- Assume advisory role in IT projects, directly interfacing with business owners to ensure understanding and implementation of security best practices and compliance requirements.
- Serve as a contributor for the writing of information security policy documentation, with input and contribution from business stakeholders.
- Plan security systems by evaluating network and security technologies and monitoring industry security updates, technologies and best practices to improve security management.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, information systems or other related field and ten (10) years IT experience including six (6) years in IT security; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Currently holds industry standard certifications such as CCSP,GIAC and GCSA.
- Lives the Valuesby embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the companys goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-drivenshowing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientatedby passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first always by putting the customers needs above all else.
- People Passionthrough consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities|
- Experience delivering IT Strategy and Transformation, Data Strategy and Governance, and IT Risk Management.
- Experience architecting complex security solutions for large enterprises.
- Demonstrated strong presentation skills with the ability to effectively convey complex and detailed technical information in a clear, concise manner.
- Demonstrated knowledge of compliance standards and industry best practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with UNIX, Windows and Network Security.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of security frameworks such as NIST 800-53, ISO 27002 and SANS Critical Controls.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, including overnight.