Teradata Software Administrator
Store Number: 8211
Store: Southeastern Grocers
Category: Store Support / Corporate
Position Type: Information Technology
Address: 5050 EDGEWOOD COURTJacksonville, FL, 32254
Job Title: Database Administrator IV
|The database administrator IV is responsible for expert-level database design/tuning as well as project management within the database administration group. This position oversees complex database problems with a primary function of application database design, construction and tuning. The database administrator IV provides expert level database administration in managing the general availability of database management systems to the production application environment through highly-complex tuning and database support. This position is also responsible for maintaining data integrity and recovery outside the control of an application. |
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
- Within the DBA team, manage ET-level projects and the most complex business projects from inception to completion.
- Independently set direction and lead team in driving technology decisions, devising solutions to complex database problems and in overall technology planning.
- Lead data modeling, as well as design and implement physical databases.
- Design and tune both SQL and database objects including disk configuration, access paths, I/O bound analysis, network contention issues related to data access, etc.
- Demonstrate knowledge of DB2, LUW and SQL server.
- Interact regularly with internal technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity, security and availability.
- Lead database capacity analysis, predict growth trends and forecast ancillary needs.
- Work directly with developmental staff and supervise level II and III database administrators while implementing applications or packages.
- Lead the business recovery plan, which includes developing the testing strategy, defining the scope of the project, determining required resources, coordinating with IT and business partners, supervising the annual test and recommending process improvements.
- Reconcile competing database technologies to recommend the best fit for a given application.
- Lead the most complex tuning tasks.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or related field; or equivalent experience.
- Ten (10) or more years of database administrator or related IT experience.
- Demonstrated expert PC skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Expertise in at least two (2) of the following databases: DB2, LUW or SQL Server.
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing and tuning SQL.
- Demonstrated experience with Linux, Unix and/or Windows.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Seasoned database administrator with expert level skills for managing projects and complex database problems and tuning.
- Demonstrated ability to set development standards and technical direction in a large-scale industrial environment.
- Lives the Valuesby embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the companys goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-drivenshowing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientatedby passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first always by putting the customers needs above all else.
- People Passionthrough consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities|
- Strong leadership skills with ability to provide expertise, guidance and constructive feedback to team members.
- Demonstrated ability to work with all management levels to ensure business continuity.
- Ability to operate independently and manage complex assignments and concurrent tasks.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively convey complex and detailed technical information to a diverse population.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to strict deadlines.
- An innovative self-starter with the initiative to learn new processes.
- Expert level analytical, problem-solving, decision-making and time management skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Intense focus on detail, accuracy and quality of work for self and others.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, including overnight.