Manager, Strategic Sourcing
Store Number: 8311
Store: Southeastern Grocers
Category: Store Support / Corporate
Position Type: Central Procurement
Address: 8928 PROMINENCE PARKWAY BUILDING 200Jacksonville, FL, 32256
Job Title: Manager, Strategic Sourcing
Location: Store Support Center
|The manager, strategic sourcing, is responsible for managing direct or indirect sourcing processes and key category spending improvement initiatives. This position leads purchasing cost analysis and assists senior management in the development of procurement policies, procedures and strategies. The manager, strategic sourcing, provides leadership and guidance to team members, negotiates contracts, manages suppliers and uses solid analytical skills to reduce costs while meeting aggressive timelines.|
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
- Negotiate contracts and provide oversight to transactional purchasing activities with designated suppliers, purchase categories or purchasing programs.
- Utilize metrics, tools and processes to optimize sourcing, supplier activities and efficiencies.
- Develop and manage the RFP process; direct multi-functional project teams.
- Identify, select, evaluate and develop suppliers based on spend analysis, market conditions, contract expirations, etc.; function as primary supplier manager.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to assist in the development of procurement policies and procedures.
- Support the development of purchasing standards and supplier specifications and ensure performance standards are achieved.
- Manage strategic sourcing engagements across all phases of the sourcing life-cycle.
- Identify and develop improvement opportunities to aggregate spending and simplify procurement related processes.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key business leaders to support integration of strategic sourcing initiatives.
- Interact with multiple levels of management across the organization to discuss sourcing obstacles and provide progress updates and program performance results.
- Manage, monitor and measure performance of programs and conduct business reviews with suppliers; establish and maintain supplier profiles.
- Assess and validate current and future supplier capabilities.
- Lead the development and execution of corrective action with non-compliant suppliers and internal operating groups.
- Direct the development of “should-cost” models for various commodities and the analysis of supplier cost structures.
- Establish and implement negotiation strategies and contracting techniques.
- Assist senior management with the implementation of procurement strategies and procedures.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, operations management or related field.
- Five (5) years sourcing and contract experience with a Fortune 500 company.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Master’s degree in business administration, finance, operations management or related field.
- Two (2) years supervisory experience.
- Professional procurement certification.
- E-sourcing, E-auction and international sourcing experience.
- Lives the Valuesby embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-drivenshowing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientatedby passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passionthrough consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities|
- Ability to manage and direct multiple complex projects simultaneously to drive solutions that meet or surpass business expectations and deliver project milestones on-time and within budget.
- Demonstrated ability to apply management principles and techniques to direct, educate and motivate employees.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively convey complex and detailed information to a diverse population.
- Exceptional problem resolution and process improvement skills.
- Superior analytical, organizational, decision-making and project management skills.
- Fully versed in administrative and budgetary management functions.
- Ability to maintain the highest level confidentiality.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, including overnight.