Store Number: 8311
Store: Southeastern Grocers
Category: Store Support / Corporate
Position Type: Legal
Address: 8928 PROMINENCE PARKWAY BUILDING 200Jacksonville, FL, 32256
Job Title: Assistant, Legal
Location: Store Support Center
|The assistant, legal, will assist the attorneys and contract administrators in the business law group with contracts management and tracking, document preparation, and administrative and clerical support to the department. |
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
- Utilize Upside contracts management system, including, without limitation, tagging contracts for critical dates.
- Load vendor agreements into the contracts management system.
- Assist internal business clients with questions regarding the use of the contracts management system.
- Serve as a liaison between the legal department and IT department to identify, address and resolve functionality issues with the contracts management software.
- Gather appropriate data and prepare special or ad-hoc reports, summaries and/or replies to inquiries.
- Follow up with internal clients and vendors to obtain executed agreements.
- Open, organize and maintain contract files (electronic and paper); fulfill requests for documents and information.
- Provide administrative support to the attorneys and contract administrators.
- Handle highly confidential and non-routine information.
- Perform data entry and management (including tracking and process of contracts into database).
- Support in-house attorneys and contract administrators with daily workflow of contracts to be processed.
- Prepare reports and related correspondence as required.
- Compose and send out routine correspondence.
- Assist with assessing priority and urgency of correspondence, calls, e-mail, etc., and respond as appropriate in absence of attorney.
- Process check requests.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent and two (2) years related legal experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experienc
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Five (5) years of experience supporting attorney(s) or executive(s), including contract management; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Lives the Valuesby embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-drivenshowing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientatedby passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passionthrough consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities|
- Demonstrated strong PC skills including working knowledge and proficiency with the primary Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent spelling and grammatical skills and the ability to independently edit documents, suggest changes, deletions and additions.
- Excellent organizational skills with proven experience in prioritizing work and coordinating several projects simultaneously while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively convey complex and detailed information to a diverse population, including senior management.
- Exceptional problem-solving, critical-thinking and customer-service skills.
- Intense focus on detail and accuracy of work.
- High standard of integrity and reliability.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.