Dairy-Frozen Food Specialist FT
Store Number: Location 2527
Store: Winn-Dixie Retail Stores
Position Type: Hourly Specialist
Address: 252 HARBOR VILLAGE LANE Apollo Beach, FL, 33572
Job Title: Dairy-Frozen Food Specialist
Location: Retail Grocery Location
|The Dairy-Frozen Specialist will support the daily operations of the dairy and frozen food department. This position will assist the department manager with implementing plans to ensure customer confidence and loyalty by promoting and executing consistent operating conditions, providing fresh and appealing product, providing courteous, knowledgeable and prompt service and a friendly atmosphere.|
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
- Support the department manager with the management of inventory, in-stock position, pricing integrity, merchandising, labor, security, expense control and other operational processes to company standards.
- Support the department manager in ensuring the department achieves the standards of performance as outlined in the work plan.
- Greet, assist, provide efficient service and thank customers in a prompt, courteous, friendly and business-like manner in order to promote the company image as a service-oriented operation.
- Resolve customer complaints to the full satisfaction of the customer.
- Answer product questions and offer assistance in finding or suggesting product selection.
- Ensure company standards of safety, proper food handling practices, sanitation and productivity are achieved; ensure operations are consistent with all aspects of federal and state health, safety and sanitation codes.
- Notify management of team member theft, customer shoplifting, unauthorized markdowns or property defacement.
- Promote high team member morale.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Proven performance as a SEG associate in the dairy or frozen food department; or one (1) year management or supervisory experience in supermarkets, retail, restaurants, hotels or general business.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Proven experience as a SEG associate in the dairy or frozen food department and at least one other department in the store; or two (2) years proven leadership in the department.
- Lives the Valuesby embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-drivenshowing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientatedby passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passionthrough consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities|
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Proficient with computer applications used in effectively operating the department.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, motivational and communication skills.
- High standard of integrity and reliability.