Non-Graduate Intern, Pharmacy
Store Number: Pharmacy 0590
Store: Winn-Dixie Pharmacy
Position Type: Pharmacy Intern
Address: 6300 GRELOT ROADMobile, AL, 36609
Job Title: Intern, Pharmacy
Location: Retail Grocery Location
|The intern, pharmacy will be supervised by a licensed pharmacist at all times. This role will accurately fill prescriptions for our customers. This position will consult and advise customers on their medications, both prescription and over- the-counter, in a manner that will provide for their total well-being. The intern will be responsible for ensuring compliance with all federal and state pharmacy laws and regulations that pertain to the department.|
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
- Prepare prescriptions which include entering patient information (demographics, drug allergies and pharmaceutical history) and prescription orders into the computer for processing.
- Fill prescriptions for customers under the supervision of the licensed pharmacist at all times.
- Handle third party insurance claims.
- Perform medication therapy management under the supervision of the licensed pharmacist at all times.
- Maintain records of controlled substances under the supervision of the licensed pharmacist at all times.
- Consult with customers about prescription and over-the-counter medications.
- Maintain knowledge of latest pharmacy products and all governing laws.
- Keep sales and work area clean, orderly and free from safety hazards; report hazards to management.
- Maintain confidentiality in compliance of Federal HIPPA Regulations.
- Execute plans to capture front end customers; greet, assist and thank customers in a prompt, courteous and friendly manner.
- Maintain current and accurate computer files on prices and products.
- Communicate with health care professionals and patients to address customer needs.
- Order, receive, stock and rotate drugs and authorized pharmacy related items.
- Check inventory and remove out-of-date drugs.
- Order and restock bags, immunization supplies, vials and other assorted pharmacy supplies.
- Administer immunizations under the supervision of the licensed pharmacist if immunization certified.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Intern, Pharmacy (job code 1803): Pharmacist degree and awaiting licensure.
- Non-Graduate Intern, Pharmacy (job code 1821): Current enrollment in an accredited pharmacy program.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Strong PC skills.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills.
- Lives the Valuesby embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-drivenshowing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientatedby passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passionthrough consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities|
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Must be certified and licensed in the state employed.
- Immunization certified.
- Medication therapy management certified.