Director, Total Rewards
Director, Total Rewards
This position will develop total rewards strategy and programs by implementing creative compensation strategies and optimizing our suite of benefits to attract and retain top talent through various research, benchmarking and creative practices. This person will need to effectively communicate with leadership to ensure there is a clear understanding of compensation and benefit processes.
1. Participate in the strategic setting of total rewards philosophy and programs. Provide leadership, guidance and direction to the company’s executives and managers regarding specific compensation issues. Serve as the internal consultant for compensation best practices, industry trends, legislative issues and market competitiveness; oversee compensation consultant relationship in support of leadership. Direct the planning, development and implementation of base and variable pay structure, incentives, bonus programs and administrative guidelines based on short-term and long-range business objectives and company strategy.
2. Manages compensation and benefits programs, policies and procedures, including but not limited to job evaluation, job classification/reclassification, salary structures for all non-instructional employees, welfare plans (health, dental, life and other voluntary plans) and retirement programs. Plans, directs, and supervises the operation of the various employee benefits programs; analyzes, develops, implements, and evaluates policies and procedures; directs preparation and distribution of insurance and other benefits enrollment materials. Work with benefit and compensation consultants and communications specialists in the development and delivery of compelling total rewards messages to educate employees on benefit programs and changes.
3. Oversee the development of complex reports and advanced statistical analyses; provide recommendations regarding salary structures, short-term incentive programs, long-term incentive programs and competitive position adjustments. Work with the finance department to ensure adequate estimates, forecasts and calculations of expenditures in compensation and benefits for budget planning and tracking. Advises executive management on overall program operations.
4. Ensure that all employee benefit programs, including medical, dental, vision, FSA, life, 401(k), etc., are managed appropriately and that vendors are held accountable to expectations. Ensure all plan documents and Summary Plan Descriptions are complete and updated, 5500 Filings are filed accurately and in a timely manner, discrimination testing has been conducted, and oversee annual plan audits. Oversees leave of absence programs, provides direction and ensure compliance with all relevant government regulations, including ERISA reporting and disclosure requirements, FMLA, COBRA and HIPAA.
5. Work across organizational levels and develop compensation programs and processes to ensure market competitiveness, internal equity, process efficiency and compliance with current processes. Advises managers and employees on resolutions for specific problems relating to salaries, job classifications, job content and benefit program issues.
6. Coordinates the development and implementation of programs, special projects, research studies and other divisional initiatives to identify best practices and process improvements in order to promote functional efficiency, productivity and to determine the competitive position of the Company.
7. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Course of Study:
Human Resources, Business Administration or other related field.
Course of Study:
Same as above.
10+ yrs minimum
5 - 10 yrs minimum
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
Working knowledge of government regulations that apply to compensation and benefit programs (ERISA, TEFRA, ADA, etc.) and the standard filings required by the Department of Labor/IRS.
Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to interpret contractual language and translate into easily understandable text; strong group presentation and negotiation skills.
Demonstrated strong quantitative skill and the ability to think critically. Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, including tact, discretion and ethics.
Proven ability to manage and direct multiple complex projects simultaneously to drive solutions that meet or surpass business expectations and deliver project milestones on-time and within budget.
Demonstrated expert skills in designing, implementing and managing company-wide benefits and compensation programs, including executive compensation and understanding total rewards programs.
Superior analytical, organizational, decision-making and project management skills.
Ability to exercise strong judgment in analyzing, evaluating and solving problems of a difficult procedural, organizational, administrative or technical nature.
Ability to maintain the highest level confidentiality. Intense focus on detail and accuracy of work.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Preferred:
Certified Benefits Professionals (CBP), Certified Compensation Professional (CCP), Global Remuneration Professional (GRP), Certified Executive Compensation Professional (CECP), PHR/SPHR certification, SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification.
Provides leadership and direction to senior managers, manager, and/or high level professional associates.
Is accountable for the performance and results of related team(s).
Develops departmental plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities.
Decision-making is guided by department/district objectives.
Requires a comprehensive understanding of internal and industry standards and principles.
Applies in-depth understanding of the business dynamics and how it integrates with the function.
Supervision & Management:
Manages related team(s), sets organizational priorities and allocates resources; executes department business plans.
Identifies and resolves complex multi-dimensional business problems.
Impacts the business results of a function by setting priorities, allocating resources, and developing policies and plans; guided by department/district business plans.
Influences others internally and externally, including executives, vendors and/or regulators.