Manager, Physical Corporate Security
Manager, Corporate Security
The Manager, Corporate Security will oversee all aspects of the company’s physical security strategy for retail stores, warehouses, and store support center and field offices. This includes responsibility for the capital expense and repair budgets, developing written specifications, layout and design for all systems and to ensure all installations and repairs are made to SEG standards. Additionally the leader will be responsible and oversee building security for the Store Support Center, I.T. Technology Center and satellite office locations.
1. Develop, implement and manage the company’s physical security strategy for all stores, corporate headquarters regional offices and warehouses. This includes developing the design, written specifications, and scopes of work for all project. Identify best in class solution providers and manage these relationships to insure all new and replacement systems are installed per company written specifications. Ensure physical security repairs are made within reasonable lengths of time and at contractual costs agreed upon. Ensure all NFPA 72 Fire Inspections are completed on time, based off regulatory requirements and that repairs on failed devices identified are made expeditiously. Manage and track the replacement of all equipment in stores.
2. Manage building security for the Store Support Center, I.T. Technology Center and SEG satellite offices. Work closely with security service providers to ensure contracted guard service is scheduled for both locations and work closely with Security Supervisor to ensure guards are executing to company standards. Assist with the development and implementation of store Life Safety training and certification programs and critical incident response. Participate in on-boarding and conduct presentations on safety to all newly hired associates. Conduct high profile occupational fraud investigation in the Store Support Center as needed.
3. Develop and present for approval the annual capital and store security expense/repair budgets. Manage both the capital and store expense lines (new installations and repairs) and successfully meet the plan for both. Execute a process designed to track and manage physical security invoices to include proof of delivery on maintenance, repairs and newly purchased equipment. Work with accounting and provide reporting metrics to measure and monitor spend on a period bases highlighting those expenses that have cost overruns or are being underspent.
4. Develop and implement training programs and provide guidance to store and asset protection associates regarding newly installed physical security equipment (e.g., key controls, alarm systems, digital CCTV and covert surveillance equipment). Work closely with construction for all new stores and major remodels placing a strong emphasis on safety for customers and team members while minimizing losses. Defend the company and testify in depositions and/or court hearings as the subject matter expert on all of the above.
5. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Course of Study:
Criminal justice, business administration, Forensic Accounting
Course of Study:
6 - 10 yrs minimum
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
Exceptional knowledge of physical security systems and software. Strong operational background in retail stores, distribution centers and corporate offices. Proven experience handling Requests for Proposals (RFP’s) contractor bids, proper invoicing, accounting and expense controls. Ability to manage and direct multiple physical security installation and repair projects simultaneously to drive solutions that meet or exceed business expectations and deliver project milestones on-time and within budget. Strong leadership skills and ability to work cross functionally with Construction, Store Design, Operations and the Asset Protection field teams. Excellent analytical, organizational and investigative skills. Strong PC skills including working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office products and in particular excel and PowerPoint.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Preferred:
Store Support Center
While performing the essential functions of this position, the associate is regularly (67-100%)required to sit, use hands or fingers to handle, hold or feel objects, tools or controls, talk, see, hear and perform repetitive movements with both hands. The employee is occassionally (1-33%)required to stand or walk on carpet, tile or concrete, carry, push, lift or pull up to 10 lbs.
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is typically not substantially exposed to adverse working conditions.
Safety Risk Factors:
The employee is occassionally (1-33%)required to twist back and/or neck and walk on a slippery or cluttered floor surface.
Equipment, Tools, etc.:
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee will be required to utilize a personal computer, telephone, printer, copy machine, facsimile machine and other general office supplies and equipment.
Varied schedules-On call responsibilities