Receiving Specialist FT
Store Number: Location 5810
Store: BI-LO Retail Stores
Position Type: Hourly Specialist
Address: 1048 YORK ST. NEAiken, SC, 29801
Job Title: Receiving Specialist
Location: Retail Grocery Location
|The receiving specialist will process the receipt of merchandise shipments. This position is responsible for increasing customer confidence and loyalty by promoting and executing consistent operating conditions, providing courteous, knowledgeable and prompt service and a friendly atmosphere.|
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
- Support department managers in managing target inventory levels and balancing the weekly purchase summaries; maintain records of inventory, invoices, etc., for all departments.
- Enforce store receiving protocols; follow security procedures and control the flow of vendor traffic through the backroom receiving doors during appropriate operating hours.
- Ensure proper receipt and inspection of DSD merchandise, review weekly purchase reports and adjustments, control inventory levels, oversee pickup of excess goods and conduct periodic inspections to ensure proper storage.
- Process damaged and spoiled products according to company policy; partner with department managers in controlling the level of unsellable goods.
- Ensure financial accuracy of all invoices; verify information, process documentation and secure information in a designated area.
- Place/return merchandise in applicable backroom, storage and work load areas.
- Communicate vendor issues promptly to the store director.
- Ensure company standards for safety, proper food handling practices, sanitation and productivity are maintained.
- Restock and use supply items efficiently to eliminate waste and maintain the lowest supply cost.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Proven performance as a SEG associate in the receiving department; or one (1) year management or supervisory experience in supermarkets, retail, restaurants, hotels or general business.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Proven experience as a SEG associate in the receiving department and at least one other department in the store; or two (2) years proven leadership in the department.
- Lives the Valuesby embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-drivenshowing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientatedby passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passionthrough consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities|
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Proficient with computer applications used in effectively operating the department.
- Strong customer service skills with both internal and external customers and the ability to build strong partnerships with store vendors.
- Exceptional interpersonal, motivational and communication skills.
- High standard of integrity and reliability.