Seafood Specialist FT
Store Number: Location 0439
Store: Winn-Dixie Retail Stores
Position Type: Hourly Specialist
Address: 6770 VETERANS PARKWAYColumbus, GA, 31909
Job Title: Seafood Specialist
Location: Retail Grocery Location
|The seafood specialist will support the department manager with the daily operations of the meat-seafood department. This position will assist the department manager with implementing plans to ensure customer confidence and loyalty by promoting and executing consistent operating conditions, providing fresh and appealing product, providing courteous, knowledgeable and prompt service and a friendly atmosphere.|
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
- Support the department manager with the management of inventory, in-stock position, merchandising, labor, security, expense control and other operational processes to company standards.
- Support the department manager in ensuring the department achieves the standards of performance as outlined in the work plan.
- Support the manager in ensuring all policies and programs are communicated and carried out in a positive and timely manner.
- Delivers productive replenishment, product rotation, conditioning and cleaning processes.
- Greet, assist, provide efficient service and thank customers in a prompt, courteous, friendly and business-like manner in order to promote the company image as a service-oriented operation.
- Resolve customer complaints to the full satisfaction of the customer.
- Answer product questions and offer assistance in finding or suggesting product selection.
- Ensure company standards of safety, proper food handling practices, sanitation and productivity are achieved; ensure operations are consistent with all aspects of federal and state health, safety and sanitation codes.
- Notify management of team member theft, customer shoplifting, unauthorized markdowns or property defacement.
- Ensure special customer requests are fulfilled.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Proven performance as a SEG team member in the seafood department; or one (1) year experience in supermarkets, retail, restaurants, hotels or general business.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Proven experience as a SEG associate in the meat-seafood department and at least one other department in the store; or two (2) years proven leadership in the department.
- Lives the Valuesby embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-drivenshowing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientatedby passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passionthrough consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities|
- Knowledge of proper food handling and federal and state safety and sanitation codes.
- Proficient with computer applications used in effectively operating the department.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- High standard of integrity and reliability.