Retail Leaders 1 (Department Manager)
Store Number: Location 1695
Store: Harveys Retail Stores
Position Type: Hourly Management
Address: 2800 OLD DAWSON RDAlbany, GA, 31707
Job Title: Depart Mgr in Training
Location: Retail Grocery Location
|The department manager in training will shadow a store department manager for a specified period of time in various departments. This position will assist department managers in effectively leading, managing and developing department operations and associates to maximize sales and profitability. This role will assist store department managers in fostering a diverse and inclusive shopping and work experience to become the neighborhood grocer that people shop the most.|
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
- Shadow and assist department managers in the following responsibilities
- Achieve operational goals (i.e. customer service, compliance, and inventory): OSAT, Retail Success Audit, Fresh Check Audit, Sales to Purchase Ratio.
- Maintain a safe, compliant and operationally sound department adhering to all state and federal regulations and inspections.
- Lead, teach and coach a diverse team: recruit, develop and retain a talented team, department work schedules.
- Achieve financial goals (i.e. sales, gross profit, EBITDA): P&L, cash controls
- Notify management of associate theft, customer shoplifting, unauthorized mark-downs, property defacement or any action that is illegal and/or against company policy.
- Develop and maintain a positive image during in-store events.
- Merchandise department to meet customer expectations: sales plan, in stock position, CGO processes.
- Manage department budget, in-stock, inventory, and shrink with a high level of integrity and urgency.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in a retail environment.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Lives the Valuesby embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-drivenshowing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientatedby passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passionthrough consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities|
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Possession of Food Safety Certification or the ability to obtain same within 180 days of placement.
- Proficient with computer applications used in effectively operating the department.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, motivational and communication skills.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.