Front-End Specialist FT
Store Number: Location 0687
Store: Winn-Dixie Retail Stores
Position Type: Hourly Specialist
Address: 600 SEBRING SQUARESebring, FL, 33870
Job Title: Front End Specialist
Location: Retail Grocery Location
|The front end specialist will increase customer confidence and loyalty by providing accurate, fast and friendly customer service and execution of front end processes. This role will satisfactorily resolve customer and cash concerns or escalate them to appropriate level of management.|
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
- Support the department manager with the management of inventory, in-stock position, pricing integrity, merchandising, labor, security, expense control and other operational processes to company standards.
- Ensure the store’s front end opens or closes properly with the shift’s monetary transactions reconciled according to company policies and procedures with discrepancies explained.
- Oversee daily store accounting functions (including those for self-checkouts, when applicable); perform and report weekly closeouts.
- Determine and order an appropriate amount of money for daily business.
- Provide continuous attention to customer needs; educate customers on self-checkouts; and greet, assist, and thank customers in a prompt, courteous and friendly manner.
- Address customer issues/complaints immediately and resolve to full satisfaction of customer, within company guidelines while maintaining composure and professionalism; appropriately escalate issues to management with a positive attitude.
- Maintain knowledge of front end operations and stay current on changes in policies and procedures in order to preserve and proactively support department service levels and accountability.
- Manage ACM lanes according to company standards and policies; ensure each self-checkout lane is properly opened, appropriate reports are printed and cash maintenance requirements are performed.
- Troubleshoot problems with front end equipment through self-help icon on computer desktop or by contacting the retail service help desk as needed.
- Stock front end products; restock and use supply items efficiently to eliminate waste and to maintain the lowest supply cost.
- Exhibit professional telephone etiquette and ensure connection to the appropriate department or team member.
- Ensure discarded or returned merchandise is put up.
- Keep work area clean, orderly and free from safety hazards; report faulty equipment and hazards to management.
- Perform cashier and pricing team member duties, as necessary.
- Notify management of abnormal customer or vendor behavior, team member theft, customer shoplifting, unauthorized mark-downs, property defacement, or any action that is illegal and/or against company policy or a possible security threat.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Proven performance as a SEG associate in the customer service area; or one (1) year management or supervisory experience in supermarkets, retail, restaurants, hotels or general business.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Proven experience as a SEG associate in the grocery area and at least one other department in the store; or two (2) years proven leadership in the department.
- Lives the Valuesby embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-drivenshowing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientatedby passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passionthrough consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities|
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Proficient with computer applications used in effectively operating the department.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, motivational and communication skills.
- High standard of integrity and reliability.