Inspector, Quality Assurance
Store Number: Location 2435
Store: Winn-Dixie Retail Stores
Category: Store Support / Corporate
Position Type: Logistics
Address: 205 W. ALEXANDER ST.Plant City, FL, 33566
Job Title: Inspector, Quality Assurance
Location: Supply Chain
|The inspector, quality assurance, is responsible for ensuring the quality and safety of perishable products entering company distribution centers (“DCs”) by inspecting the products to company specifications and making critical determinations as to whether those products are received into the warehouse or rejected. This position supports the supervisor, quality assurance inspector, with maintaining the quality, integrity and safety of perishable products while in inventory in the DC.|
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
- Inspect a representative sample of all fresh and frozen perishable products arriving for delivery into the DC against established specifications and regulatory standards.
- Examine products for quality, damage and sanitation issues according to established procedures.
- Make decisions as to whether to accept or reject incoming product and communicate decisions to quality assurance and the buying unit.
- Examine truck and product temperatures and compare to established standards.
- Check production dates and expiration/use-by dates on boxes and packaging, if applicable.
- Obtain product weights and counts and verify that actual weights/counts meet or exceed what is printed on the product packaging and the purchase order.
- Monitor temperatures on the receiving dock and in storage locations to ensure that established storage temperatures are maintained and product quality is not compromised.
- Alert DC management of temperature deviations from standard and any sanitation issues.
- Complete product inspection in a timely manner to ensure product is stored as quickly as possible to maintain quality and shelf-life.
- Aid in maintaining first in/first out inventory control by monitoring the shelf-life of perishable products and notifying the buying unit when products are nearing the end of their storage shelf-life in the DC.
- Monitor critical control points for the facility’s Hazard and Critical Control Points (HACCP) plan and keep records of this documentation.
- Provide assistance to other inspectors to maintain efficient work flow on the dock.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent and two (2) years of work experience in food inspection, handling or perishable retail environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Lives the Valuesby embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-drivenshowing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientatedby passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passionthrough consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities|
- Demonstrated intermediate PC skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge and experience evaluating product quality.
- Above average verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to prioritize and multi-task while adhering to strict timelines in a fast-paced, complex work environment.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.