Patient Care Advocate FT/Pharmacy Technician
Store Number: Pharmacy 2799
Store: Winn-Dixie Pharmacy
Category: Store Support / Corporate
Position Type: Pharmacy
Address: 5244 EDGEWOOD COURT SUITE 2Jacksonville, FL, 32254
- Assist with the preparation of prescriptions including entering patient information (demographics, drug allergies and pharmaceutical history) and prescription orders into the computer for processing.
- Assist pharmacist with filling prescriptions by pulling stock, pouring, counting, restocking, packaging, labeling and pricing the prescription.
- Provide first class service by engaging the patient during on-boarding process of new therapy, investigation of financial support and monitoring on-going therapy to support compliance and persistency.
- Assist pharmacist with the preparation, reconciliation and billing of third-party insurance claims and in the re-billing of rejected third party claims.
- Assist with checking and removing out-of-date product as instructed by the pharmacist.
- Order, receive, rotate and store product to assure quality controls.
- Prepare orders for packing and shipping; properly execute and record sales and shipping transactions.
- Reconcile daily merchandise orders; organize and file records.
- Maintain confidentiality in compliance of federal HIPPA regulations.
- Attend educational events as sponsored or provided by pharmacy.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.