Store Number: Pharmacy 1689
Store: Harveys Pharmacy
Position Type: Salaried Management
Address: 2261 EDGEWOOD AVE. W.Jacksonville, FL, 32209
Job Title: Phamacy Manager
Location: Retail Grocery Location
|The pharmacy manager is responsible for the associated operations in the pharmacy. This role will perform, supervise and verify the accurate filling of prescriptions for our customers. This position will consult and advise the customers on their medications, both prescription and non-prescription, in a manner that will provide for their total well-being. The manager is responsible for ensuring compliance with all federal and state pharmacy laws and regulations that pertain to the department.|
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
- Responsible for pharmacy sales, payroll, inventory procedures, inventory shrink, customer service and pharmacy gross profit.
- Ensure compliance with all government programs and laws related to pharmacy which includes, but is not limited to, Medicaid, Medicare Part D, DMEPOS and HIPPA.
- Prepare prescriptions which include entering patient information (demographics, drug allergies and pharmaceutical history) and prescription orders into the computer for processing.
- Fill prescriptions for customers.
- Handle third party insurance claims.
- Perform medication therapy management.
- Maintain records of controlled substances; responsible for associated audits and annual inventories.
- Consult with customers about prescription and over-the-counter medications.
- Maintain knowledge of latest pharmacy products and all governing laws.
- Ensure sales and work areas are clean, orderly and free from safety hazards.
- Execute plans to capture front end customers; greet, assist and thank customers in a prompt, courteous and friendly manner.
- Maintain current and accurate computer files on prices and products.
- Communicate with health care professionals and patients to address customer needs.
- Order, receive, stock and rotate drugs and authorized pharmacy related items.
- Responsible for scheduling department employees.
- Check inventory and remove out-of-date drugs.
- Order and restock bags, immunization supplies, vials and other assorted pharmacy supplies.
- Administer immunizations.
- Hold monthly Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) meetings.
- Prepare and be present for all pharmacy inventories.
- Attend district meetings as required.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Pharmacist degree.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Previous pharmacist experience.
- Strong PC skills.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills.
- Lives the Valuesby embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-drivenshowing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientatedby passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passionthrough consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities|
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Must be certified and licensed in the state employed.
- Immunization certified.
- Medication therapy management certified.
- Ability to travel to district meetings.