Business Systems Analyst II (Point Of Sales)
Store Number: 8311
Store: Southeastern Grocers
Category: Store Support / Corporate
Position Type: Information Technology
Address: 8928 PROMINENCE PARKWAY BUILDING 200Jacksonville, FL, 32256
Job Title: Business Systems Analyst II (Point Of Sales)
Location: Store Support Center
|The business systems analyst II is responsible for daily duties of the Point of Sale team which include issue resolution, acquiring and writing requirements and use cases, unit testing, completing business tasks per request of Business partners, working IT Service requests, QA team and provide communication to any/all other IT or Business departments as needed. The BSA II will also assist in the evolution of processes and procedures for targeted offers and promotions for SEG.|
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
- Develop business requirements, project charters, and financial business case documents.
- Maintain proficient working knowledge of application development methodologies; lead integration of new technology trends.
- Participate in key IT projects.
- Assist in the design and implementation business process changes in support of major IT projects.
- Engage in solutions design, configuration and/or development.
- Maintain proficiency in use case writing and other requirements analysis techniques and either application framework or project management.
- Develop and maintain solid partnerships with related personnel and departments.
- Ensure adherence to and support of IT governance policies while maintaining strong customer service orientation.
- Translate team member requirements into application functionality with sufficient technical background to define non-functional requirements.
- Explore, identify and document business requirements (exposing root cause) understanding and prioritizing dependencies.
- Perform business analysis, business process re-engineering, requirements gathering and problem solving in support of a specific business user community.
- Develop gap analysis between existing and proposed functionality of business applications.
- Work closely with our Quality Assurance team: creation and documenting test scripts, verifying and signing off on any use case changes or removals, meeting weekly to review all defects of current software being tested
- Contribute to the usability and performance of applications by acquiring user feedback and cross-referencing business processes with application usage.
- Serve as the business systems knowledge source and collaborate with users to solve functional problems and create new business processes.
- Consult with support and project teams to gather current processes and functional requirements to design systems improvements and optimize application and technology use.
- Coordinate acceptance testing of new application systems and technology.
- Assist PMO in the tracking and documentation of benefits attainment and process change.
- Maintain proficient knowledge of and adhere to project management and software delivery methodologies.
- Lead business process discussions that result in significant process improvements.
- Drive test script development and application testing.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field; or equivalent experience.
- Four (4) years of business systems or related IT expereicne
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least one (1) technical component such as a requirements gathering (interview techniques, JAD sessions, questionnaires), requirements analysis (documentation: sequence, activity, state, or UML diagrams; prioritization, cost/benefit, gap, traceability analysis), business process re-engineering (current/future process/data flows, time studies) or project management.
- Ponit of Sales experience
- Offer Management/Target Offers experience is a plus
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Lives the Valuesby embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-drivenshowing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientatedby passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passionthrough consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities|
- Ability to work in a "team" environment where ideas and feedback are freely exchanged.
- Ability to operate independently and manage complex assignments.
- Demonstrated ability to design, configure and develop applications.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively convey complex and detailed technical information to a diverse population.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, decision-making and time management skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Intense focus on detail and accuracy of work.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, including overnight.