Review lease provisions and associated legal documents for assigned company store locations. Perform and document desktop audits of assigned landlord’s common area maintenance (CAM), taxes and insurance reconciliation. Foster and leverage landlord/tenant relationships to assist in positively positioning the company for future dealings with issues and negotiations. Process timely payment of rents and fees with an eye toward statement reconciliation and cost savings. Work with more experienced associates in the department to gain fundamental knowledge to facilitate positive dealings with landlords and various lease situations. Work to expand experience and knowledge to advance departmental goals.
1. Analyze lease provisions and legal documents as well as create and maintain reports in the lease system. Evaluate and assess common area maintenance, real estate tax, and insurance billings to ensure billing accuracy and compliance with lease agreements. Review billing errors, lease interpretation discrepancies, and other differences with landlords. Work with more experienced lease specialists to work with landlords and proactively elevate potential legal disputes as necessary.
2. Perform and document thorough desktop audit of CAM, insurance, real estate taxes, and escrow payments. This includes, but is not limited to, proof of payment, reasonableness of expense, and review of certificates of insurance with proper coverages and endorsements. Review discrepancies with management and contact landlord for unresolved issues. Ensure timely payment of landlords in compliance with lease agreements and make adjustments to escrows as needed. Prepare billings for timely submission to the accounts payable department. Partner with higher level specialists to reevaluate audits to take advantage of all cost savings.
3. Respond to lease-related data inquiries from landlords and management. Assist management with auditing the lease system, budgeting, and accounting compliance.
4. Maintain situational awareness of real estate activities and work cross functionally with the real estate and property managers to proactively address lease administration issues. Build and maintain positive landlord relationships.
5. Accountable for the maintenance of assigned critical lease documentation by tracking, reviewing, abstracting, and retaining fully executed legal documents (lease amendments, renewals, letter agreements, etc.).
6. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree or 4 years additional relevant work experience
Course of Study:
Business Administration, Finance, Accounting
Course of Study:
Same as above
0 - 3 yrs minimum
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
· Financial acumen, problem solving, and attention to detail.
· Strong PC skills including proficiency with the primary Microsoft Office applications and expert level abilities in Excel.
· Proven ability to work with numerical data.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively convey detailed information to all levels.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Preferred:
· Knowledge of lease administration with the ability to read and interpret legal documents.
· Experience in real estate, billing, accounting AP/AR, paralegal, or asset management in the retail industry.
· Experience with retail lease billing and/or real estate lease agreements.
· Negotiation skills to resolve landlord or vendor issues.
Store Support Center
While performing the essential functions of this position, the associate is regularly (67-100%)required to sit, use hands or fingers to handle, hold or feel objects, tools or controls, talk, see, hear and perform repetitive movements with both hands. The employee is occassionally (1-33%)required to stand or walk on carpet, tile or concrete, carry, push, lift or pull up to 10 lbs.
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is typically not substantially exposed to adverse working conditions.
Safety Risk Factors:
The employee is occassionally (1-33%)required to twist back and/or neck and walk on a slippery or cluttered floor surface.
Equipment, Tools, etc.:
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee will be required to utilize a personal computer, telephone, printer, copy machine, facsimile machine and other general office supplies and equipment.