|The sr project manager, IT, is responsible for the successful delivery of several large, high risk, mission critical and more complex enterprise level business change projects that leverage information technology systems. This position will provide broad and effective leadership on large, complex business technology projects as well as strong tactical project management and strong tactical project management and administration. The sr project manager will build high-performing teams and directly manage the efforts of associates and third-party contractors in the delivery of business technology solutions. This position will analyze and manage stakeholder expectations and use problem-solving techniques to remove barriers and resolve conflict. This role has full accountability for the successful delivery of business technology solutions and requires superior communication skills to provide clear, concise and accurate information to all levels of the organization to enable fact-based decisions on project direction. In addition, this position will champion the project delivery process, standards and tools/templates through usage and identification of continuous improvement opportunities and build project management capability through mentoring and coaching organizational resources.|
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
- Manage and control the planning, execution and delivery of the project deliverables by directing, facilitating and coordinating all activities and resources that are project related to ensure project deliverables are completed on time and within budget and that meet or exceed the sponsor’s expectations according to the defined project delivery process (“PDP”).
- Determine project goals and priorities with management, including the business program manager and business project sponsor.
- Build and manage strong relationships with project stakeholders, including internal and external customers and vendors, analyze stakeholder expectations and maintain the relationships by keeping stakeholders informed of progress and issues to manage expectations on all requirements and deliverables.
- Manage and communicate a clear vision of the project objectives and motivate the team to achieve them; create an environment that enables peak performance by associates.
- Manage the development and implementation of the project communication plan including audience, key messages, message intent, delivery medium, creator, distributor, timing/ frequency and status.
- Define, manage and control project scope including the development of clear scope statements and establishment of strong scope change control through project change request creation, submission and resolution; ensure required adjustments to the scope document, schedule, budget are reflected in the appropriate documentation.
- Drive the development of required project charters, requirements and other project specific documents including conducting appropriate business and technical reviews to ensure a quality solution is developed and delivered according to the defined solution delivery life cycle process (“SDLC”).
- Identify, secure, forecast and manage resources required to deliver the project objectives.
- Build strong, high-performing project teams and ensure all project associates communicate, collaborate and deliver on their individual tasks and contribute to the overall successful delivery of the project objectives.
- Create, manage and control the comprehensive project schedule including business and IT task plans using inputs from project associates to define task effort estimates, overall work effort schedules, task dependencies and project interdependencies.
- Organize the work into manageable activity clusters (stages) and determine an effective approach to completing the work.
- Compile a complete and accurate estimate of a project effort; using reserves appropriately.
- Work closely with project team to align project tasks and milestones and to mitigate risk.
- Direct the daily work of resources on the project to clarify assignments and deliverables and hold team accountable for the on-time delivery of their specific activities and tasks.
- Coach and educate project resources to ensure full understanding of roles and responsibilities on the project and the processes by which the project will be managed and controlled.
- Negotiate the performance of activities with associates and their managers if operating in a matrix environment and provide performance input and feedback to associates’ functional managers.
- Prepare the initial project budget and manage and control the project costs including monthly forecasting, accruals, variance management and financial reporting for internal/external resources; resolve budget variances that are outside of acceptable pre-defined limits.
- Prepare the project management plan, obtain project leadership approval and use the plan to manage the project.
- Coordinate with business leaders to establish and implement effective plans for organizational change management.
- Provide strong problem-solving leadership and arbitration for project issues, identify and understand problems, root causes and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions and utilize effective approaches to determine course of action or develop appropriate solutions.
- Identify and analyze risks, establish contingency plans and identify trigger events and initiate mitigating action; oversee activities of risk management, gather stakeholder input and rank top project / project risks in terms of impact, probability, overall severity and priority.
- Analyze performance of the project against the baseline plan and make adjustments consistent with plan objectives.
- Track and report transparent, factual and timely progress information to project stakeholders, associates and executive leaders regarding status and variances to plan, cost and schedule and change control to ensure continual awareness.
- Represent project at meetings and with external consultants and departmental and senior management to assure that priorities are communicated and understood and that progress/delays/issues are reported accurately and timely.
- Determine what constitutes successful closure for all parties; gain acceptance and sign-off by all parties when closure is attained.
- Oversee development of proposals and requests for proposals associated with the project.
- Manage and control the efforts of all vendor contractors required for the specific assigned project in partnership with the vendor project manager or vendor account manager.
- Develop and maintain lessons-learned inputs to a project repository for utilization on future programs initiated by the enterprise.
- Ensure required project documentation is current and accurate including required project management and SDLC documents.
- Ensure all project documentation is stored in the project repository and is appropriately archived upon project closure.
- Monitor and manage KPIs for project, ensure data is accurate and current and take appropriate action to resolve issues where KPIs are outside acceptable defined limits.
- Facilitate regular status meetings with the project teams and report status in a manner that fosters communication and focuses on delivery of value-added results.
- Identify opportunities for improvements in the PDP and lead the rollout of those improvements through execution, mentoring and coaching.
- Remain current on industry best practices and technology trends.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field and eight (8) years project management experience including five (5) years experience managing multiple complex IT projects; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven consistent successful project delivery experience working with systems development life cycles (SDLC) and comprehensive principles of project management.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Master’s degree in computer science or related field; or equivalent experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Experience with CA Clarity, v13 SAAS or higher version.
- Lives the Valuesby embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-drivenshowing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientatedby passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passionthrough consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities|
- Demonstrated expert PC skills including proficiency with the primary Microsoft Office applications and a commercial PPM tool.
- Demonstrated superior written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Proven ability to manage considerable workloads and the most complex and difficult assignments.
- Master-level ability to drive solutions that meet or surpass business expectations.
- Ability to provide expert leadership, guidance and constructive feedback to team members.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate complex and detailed technical information across all levels and multiple departments.
- Ability to lead and manage multiple complex projects simultaneously while adhering to defined processes and standards as well as strict deadlines.
- Superior analytical, organizational, problem-solving and project management skills.
- Intense focus on detail and accuracy of work and time management.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, including overnight.
|Technical Skills Addendum by Functional Area|
- Develop Application Lifecycle Management processes, tools, and templates in support of Application Portfolio Management (APM), SDLC, and Infrastructure/Architecture.
- Ensure that appropriate training is available and delivered for all capabilities being developed including demand, resource, project, and portfolio management and ALM.
- Develop and continually improve the quality of project/portfolio information to help guide strategic decisions.
- Provide oversight, guidance, and training to IT resources regarding IT processes and utilization of the tools.
- Provide first line support to general project management process and tool support questions.
- Solicit and incorporate feedback from project practitioners for the continuous improvement of the methods and processes.
- Provide on-boarding for new project managers.
- Provide financial analysis of projects and the overall portfolio.
- Assist project teams with cost and schedule variance analysis and resolution.
- Consolidate and maintain project performance metrics across the comprehensive IT Portfolio of projects.
- Provide critical reporting and analysis for the IT portfolio (i.e. Project Financials and Dashboard Reporting).
- Oversee Clarity PPM tool and provide Admin functions and support to users.
- Manage the relationship and workload with 3rd Party CA Vendor (Rego).
- Generate special reports as needed.