|The information technology (“IT”) technician II, data center, is responsible for monitoring assigned systems and/or applications, reporting abnormal conditions through the problem tracking system, performing problem trend analysis and contributing to departmental procedure development. This position provides technical customer service support to company team members and assists the IT department in meeting service level agreements (“SLA”) by ensuring problems and requests are accurately recorded in the change/problem management system and resolutions are provided in a timely manner. The IT technician II, data center, performs security access processes, recognizes and associates scheduled changes with current outages and/or problems and assists in performing scheduled and emergency IPLs.|
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
- Recognize scheduled changes and associate with current outages or problems.
- Perform security access processes and control emergency id access for all systems.
- Issue system commands to manipulate printers, networking, tape drives and disk drives.
- Cycle started tasks as needed and ensure scheduled cycling occurs on time.
- Implement after-hours and emergency RFCs with help from level III technician(s).
- Assist level I technicians in handling various problems and/or assignments.
- Retrieve score card information and update appropriately.
- Assist and participate in business recovery plan and testing.
- Incorporate team member needs in operations to increase efficiency and productivity within the company.
- Assist in improving departmental efficiency via training, procedure documentation, etc.
- Update and maintain department turnover logs and problem/change tickets.
- Perform basic and intermediate tasks in response to team member requests.
- Monitor all electronic communications.
- Create problem tickets to handle requests, abends, failures, tasks, etc. for all platforms.
- Maintain working knowledge of commonly used scheduling commands, console display commands, and Jes2 commands.
- Prepare offsite tapes and ensure tape media is accounted for, packed up and ready for offsite.
- Monitor all physical systems in the data center (servers, AC units, etc) and report any alarms, alerts or messages to supervisor.
- Investigate all late jobs to determine problems with job/schedule and report problems to level III technician(s).
- Assist in performing scheduled and emergency IPLs.
- Operate printers and troubleshoot problems when necessary.
- Assist in training level I technicians.
- Assist with creating and documenting department procedures.
- Analyze data to identify problem trends and partner with relevant team members to determine and apply permanent resolutions.
- Monitor all mainframe and distributed systems reporting any abnormal conditions through change/problem management system.
- Communicate status of reported problems and/or requests to relevant team members and escalate problems as necessary.
- Ensure department SLAs are met or exceeded.
- Contact vendors for required maintenance and ensure timely resolutions are provided.
- Remain aware of and observe all security procedures established for the department.
- Maintain working knowledge of compliance policies and procedures including Sarbanes-Oxley, Payment Card Industry, HIPAA, etc. to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Three(3) year in a level I technician role or equivalent.
- Three (3) year IT experience in a support environment.
- Be familiar with Change, Task, Incident and Problem Management procedures established by the department.
- Familiar with Ticketing systems used in a Help desk type environment.
- Familiar with Scheduling systems (CA7, ESP, Zeke, Zak,etc)
- Working understanding of Servers and Mainframe systems.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of console display commands, Jes2 commands, TSO and commonly used cybermation commands.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule consisting of all shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Associate’s degree in IT or equivalent experience.
- Technical certification such as A+ and/or Microsoft.
- Working knowledge of MVS, JCL and scripting languages.
- Prior experience in a computer room or customer service environment.
- Strong working knowledge of established change/problem management procedures, as well as general office practices and procedures.
- Lives the Valuesby embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-drivenshowing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientatedby passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passionthrough consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities|
- Demonstrated advanced PC skills including proficiency with the primary Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain good working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Intense focus on detail and accuracy of work.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule consisting of all shifts (nights, weekends and holidays).
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, including overnight.