Responsible for compiling information from various sources to keep informed on pricing trends and analyzing statistical data that pertains to strategic and tactical pricing initiatives within multiple categories. This position will support the pricing management team with the planning, development and implementation of pricing activities.
1. Monitor monthly competitive price checks and identify competitive moves within the price zones and any trends impacting assigned categor(ies) and the overall company pricing position.
2. Conduct data analysis including competitive analysis, category performance, item level forecasting and pre/post-promotional analysis tounderstand business issues and opportunities within the category.
3. Visit stores with management to review current category pricing strategies, own brand relationships and gaps, competitive pricing strategies and promotional activity.
4. Visit local competitors to collect retail information necessary to assist the business units with selecting the best promotional price for dependable deals and other long-term TPR’s bi-monthly with category leaders, to review current store conditions and category schematics to ensure proper space allocation and labor needs.
5. Provide insight to identify trends related to the performance of the category and work with the pricing and merchandising leadership team to recommend tactics to reach the goals of the category. Align pricing strategies to meet objectives of broader category and business strategy.
6. Execute base retail changes on a weekly basis for assigned book of business.
7. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Course of Study:
Business Administration or related field
Course of Study:
Same as above
0 - 3 yrs minimum
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
· Demonstrated strong PC skills including working knowledge and proficiency with the primary Microsoft Office applications with a particular emphasis on Excel and other advanced data management techniques.
· Problem solving skills, including problem analysis, decision making, creativity and innovation.
· Proven ability to interpret data and express the implications of analyses.
· Ability to set priorities, plan and coordinate work activities and manage time and resources to accomplish work objectives on time.
· Excellent communication skills both verbal and written including the ability to address diverse audiences in a clear and concise manner.
· Results-oriented with ability to maintain a high level of work activity under a variety of conditions.
· Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Preferred:
· Strong interpersonal skills with experience in relationship building and conflict resolution to develop and maintain positive working relationships with peers, management, suppliers and other company departments.
· Experience utilizing teamwork skills to create and maintain a cooperative work environment and resolve conflicts.
· Ability to persuade internal and external customers to commit to specific courses of action.
Performs routine assignments in the entry level to a professional job progression. Typically requires a college or university degree or the equivalent work experience that provides exposure to fundamental theories, principles and concepts. Uses existing procedures to solve routine or standard problems. Receives instruction, guidance and direction from others.
Requires conceptual knowledge of practices and procedures within a particular area of expertise.
Applies general knowledge of business developed primarily through education.
Supervision & Management:
No supervisory responsibilities; accountable for own contribution.
Solves routine problems using existing procedures and standard practices.
Has limited impact on own work team; works within standardized procedures and practices to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
Exchanges basic information, asks questions and checks for understanding.
Store Support Center
While performing the essential functions of this position, the associate is regularly (67-100%)required to sit, use hands or fingers to handle, hold or feel objects, tools or controls, talk, see, hear and perform repetitive movements with both hands. The employee is occassionally (1-33%)required to stand or walk on carpet, tile or concrete, carry, push, lift or pull up to 10 lbs.
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is typically not substantially exposed to adverse working conditions.
Safety Risk Factors:
The employee is occassionally (1-33%)required to twist back and/or neck and walk on a slippery or cluttered floor surface.
Equipment, Tools, etc.:
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee will be required to utilize a personal computer, telephone, printer, copy machine, facsimile machine and other general office supplies and equipment.