|The Software Developer is responsible for the understanding, design and development of software and programs to meet business requirements using the company standard systems development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies. Programs may be off the shelf packages or internally developed via web-based, client/server and/or midrange technologies. In addition, this position will analyze and provide recommendations as subject matter expert in respective technology and/or processes to resolve technical issues and support a variety of business applications. |
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
- Ensure compliance with project management office (PMO) standards and procedures as well as Sarbanes Oxley.
- Design, code, test and implement complex programs and packages.
- Develop appropriate programs and systems documentation according to established IT standards.
- Coordinate analysis necessary to identify viable solution alternatives, create technical documents, high level solution designs and work estimates.
- Conduct systems tests, monitor results and take required corrective actions as needed.
- Support/manage systems during deployment and pilot until effective transition has occurred to the support teams.
- Provide training on respective system or technology solutions to business partners.
- Participate in structured walkthroughs and technical reviews.
- Implement system changes including the coordination of cross-functional business resources, testing, training, communication, implementation and documentation.
- Design functional specifications, produce software deliverables and assist in post implementation support and enhancements.
- Identify software implementation and use best practices, document guidelines and procedures and train the organization on the software applications.
- Provide technical direction of systems analyses, design and development in coordination with enterprise architects and/or solution architects.
- Deploy and support vendor packaging, designing and building interface around it.
- Promote and use the company standard systems development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies.
- Assist with defining appropriate technology deployment strategies to increase organization�s maturity in tool use.
- Participate in technical consultation of new systems development, new package system evaluations and enhancement of existing systems and participating in structured walkthroughs and technical reviews.
- Participate with the selection of appropriate tools to develop systems and software.
- Assist with tough decisions with minimal direction; act as a coach and influence tactical direction.
- Participate in providing work effort estimation and project risks to the project manager on respective projects.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor�s degree in information technology, computer science, business administration or related field and two (2) years business systems development or related IT experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience deploying a vendor packaging, designing and building interface around it.
- Experience supporting a vendor package and working with the vendor on enhancements.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Lives the Valuesby embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company�s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-drivenshowing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientatedby passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first� always by putting the customer�s needs above all else.
- People Passionthrough consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities|
- Windows .NET Framework, including VB.Net and ASP.Net programming experience preferred.
- Demonstrated application design and development knowledge in one or more of the following - SSIS, SQL, TFS/Azure DevOps, DataStage, Unix Scripting, Kafka and MS PowerApps.
- Interaction and implementation of cloud technologies.
- Ability to recognize and resolve system related problems; work independently and make necessary decisions throughout the systems process within department guidelines.
- Demonstrated working knowledge translating a business requirement and develop software.
- Respond to all support ticket requests within the time frame outlined in our IT support policies
- Ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to strict deadlines.
- An innovative self-starter with the initiative to learn new processes.
- Solid organizational, analytical, problem-solving and time management skills.