Specialist, Space Planning
Store Number: 8311
Store: Southeastern Grocers
Category: Store Support / Corporate
Position Type: Logistics
Address: 8928 PROMINENCE PARKWAY BUILDING 200Jacksonville, FL, 32256
Job Title: Specialist, Space Planning
Location: Store Support Center
|The specialist, space planning, will have a significant impact on the efficiency of the department and company stores by ensuring that space planning item data is accurate and maintained. This role is responsible for researching and resolving planogram and store item authorization issues (“SIA”) and will work closely with the planogram team to ensure planogram assignments are accurate. In addition, this role is responsible for reviewing, researching and analyzing planogram change requests from district directors and store leadership to ensure they will not have a negative financial impact.|
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
- Research, analyze and resolve planogram and SIA issues.
- Review and approve planogram change requests from district directors and store leadership based on analysis of sales data to ensure requested changes will not have a negative financial impact.
- Oversee the vendor responsible for data entry and capturing new item attributes to ensure accuracy.
- Work with the manager, planogram, to identify necessary planogram changes and ensure items are updated in the database including identifying planograms no longer being used and purge them from the system.
- Work with the analyst, merchandising layout, to ensure that planograms for remodels and resets are accurately assigned to SIA and reflect the merchandising layout.
- Work with the vendors to manage the process of assigning store planograms.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in related field and two (2) years related retail or analytical experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated strong PC skills including working knowledge and proficiency with the primary Microsoft Office applications and Hyperion.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Lives the Valuesby embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-drivenshowing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientatedby passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passionthrough consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities|
- Knowledge of the retail industry; understanding of specific category product lines and core customer behavior.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively convey complex and detailed information to a diverse population.
- Exceptional problem resolution and process improvement skills.
- Superior analytical, organizational, decision-making and project management skills.
- Ability to exercise strong judgment in analyzing, evaluating and solving problems of a difficult procedural, organizational, administrative or technical nature.
- Intense focus on detail and accuracy of work.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, including overnight.