|The manager, operations finance, is responsible for providing in-depth financial and operational decision support analyses to the assigned operational area for the purpose of maximizing the benefit of resources deployed in meeting the company’s overall strategic plan. This position must convey and act with strong leadership to provide analysis, insight and decision support recommendations to the business, with particular emphasis being placed on the ability to continuously seek out and discover root cause relationships and conclusions that are not always intuitive, obvious or have a precedent.|
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
- Develop tools and management reports to improve financial processes and decisions through use of fact-based information and analysis.
- Monitor, report, analyze and forecast key drivers that impact financial results.
- Integrate forecast updates with the periodic review of business results for the purpose of facilitating responsive resource allocation decisions that take into account changing external market conditions.
- Facilitate the budgeting, forecasting, business planning and results analysis of store expenses, other revenue, store inventory, remodel operating expenses, and total loss.
- Evaluate financial outcomes of various decision alternatives; provide management with information on potential decision impacts along with recommended options and action plans.
- Work directly with central operations and field operations to control and reduce store expenses thru analysis of expense drivers, analysis of store trends, and communication expense savings opportunities.
- Influence business partners to make sound decisions based on financial data and analyses.
- Drive improvements in business acumen and financial knowledge for the purpose of higher quality financial decisions and improved operating results.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration or related field and five (5) years professional level experience in finance or related field and at least two (2) years of related supervisory or management experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Master’s degree in finance, accounting or business administration (MBA).
- CPA, CMA, CFM or equivalent professional certification
- Previous experience at budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis, management reporting and performance management in a retail business.
- Previous experience working with non-financial management and staff in the development of financial plans.
- Lives the Valuesby embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-drivenshowing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientatedby passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passionthrough consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities|
- Strong PC skills including proficiency with the primary Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to manage and direct multiple complex projects simultaneously to drive solutions that meet or surpass business expectations and deliver project milestones on-time and within budget.
- Demonstrated ability to apply management principles and techniques to direct, educate and motivate employees.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively convey complex and detailed information to a diverse population.
- Exceptional problem resolution and process improvement skills.
- Superior analytical, organizational, decision-making and project management skills.
- Fully versed in administrative and budgetary management functions.
- Ability to maintain the highest level confidentiality.
- High standard of integrity and reliability.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.