|The specialist, associate relations, is responsible for providing associate relations program support. This role will independently evaluate, audit and investigate associate issues/grievances and recommend, develop and implement effective solutions. The specialist, associate relations, consistently maintains region/retail-wide associate relations policies and practices, analyzes and interprets human resources (“HR”) metrics and recommends solutions to improve workplace trends. In addition, this position will ensure full compliance with federal, state and local labor laws and regulations and with equal employment opportunity policies and commitments.|
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
- Investigate associate issues/grievances such as working conditions and disciplinary actions, as well as applicant appeals/grievances; provide recommendations to management regarding terminations and disciplinary actions.
- Provide necessary assistance, support and recommendations to regional management concerning employment and labor matters.
- Ensure retail associates understand and comply with company HR programs and policies.
- Assist legal counsel with handling EEO complaints when appropriate and requested.
- Manage and analyze anti-discrimination procedures; resolve discrimination complaints.
- Provide employment and labor law compliance information/resources to stores in conjunction with legal counsel.
- Discuss disciplinary actions with associates and encourage use of the open door policy for conflict resolution.
- Develop and present associate relations issues to key HR and business leaders (e.g., off-course behavior, diversity, improvement needs).
- Act as point of contact to manage crisis situations.
- Create, maintain, improve and ensure adherence to company standards (e.g., harassment-free environment, associate handbooks, etc.).
- Provide assistance for regional management to ensure company compliance with equal employment opportunity policies and commitments.
- Investigate reports of pay inequities; partner with compensation department to resolve issues.
- Maintain effective documentation of workplace grievances, including harassment and discrimination allegations.
- Coordinate and manage completion of monthly, quarterly and annual HR reports for follow through and action; Analyze and interpret HR metrics and recommend solutions to improve workplace trends.
- Research, determine and authorize special pay including back wages in lieu of notice, termination packages, outplacement, etc.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration or related field and three (3) years related experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to speak, understand and follow instructions in English and Spanish.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- PHR or SPHR certification.
- Fluent written and verbal bilingual (English/Spanish) skills.
- One (1) year retail management supervisory experience.
- Lives the Valuesby embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-drivenshowing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientatedby passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passionthrough consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities|
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, including overnight.
- Demonstrated strong PC skills including proficiency with the primary Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience performing and documenting HR investigations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively convey detailed information to a diverse population.
- Demonstrated ability to independently evaluate issues and develop and implement effective solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state and local laws pertaining to workplace and HR issues.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.