Business Analyst II
Store Number: 8311
Store: Southeastern Grocers
Category: Store Support / Corporate
Position Type: Information Technology
Address: 8928 PROMINENCE PARKWAY BUILDING 200Jacksonville, FL, 32256
Job Title: Business Analyst II
Location: Store Support Center
|The business analyst II will be the primary interface between IT and business partners and is responsible for ensuring the requirements identified for a business solution on a project are comprehensive, in-line with the actual business needs and successfully delivered to the business. |
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
- Explore, identify and document business requirements (exposing root cause) focusing on understanding and prioritizing business dependencies.
- Develop functional requirements based on the gathered business requirements.
- Perform testing and facilitate user-acceptance testing of new application systems and technology.
- Maintain proficient knowledge and adhere to project management and software delivery methodologies.
- Ensure compliance with project management office (PMO) standards, procedures and Sarbanes Oxley.
- Ensure required project documentation is current and accurate including but not limited to as-is and to-be business process documents, business requirements, functional requirements, communication plans, training plans, test plans, scenarios and scripts, organizational change management plans and operational support plans.
- Monitor and manage KPIs (TBD) for project relative to the definition, design and delivery of business and functional requirements.
- Evaluate application software packages to ensure business needs are met.
- Maintain proficient working knowledge of use case writing and other requirements analysis techniques.
- Develop and maintain solid partnerships with relevant business, IT, cross team personnel and departments.
- Ensure adherence and support of IT governance policies while maintaining strong customer service orientation.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all key business stakeholders to ensure full understanding of business processes and potential future business needs.
- Perform gap analysis, business process re-engineering, requirements gathering and problem-solving activities to meet the business needs.
- Work with the business partners to identify opportunities to improve productivity or efficiency in business processes and define requirements with the business to create solutions to achieve those improvements.
- Develop business relationships and integrating activities with other IT departments to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts.
- Complete document for training, user guides and quality acceptance test cases.
- Assist recognize and articulate business and technical decision trade-offs.
- Contribute to the usability and performance of applications by acquiring user feedback and cross-referencing business processes with application usage.
- Assist make tough decisions with minimal direction; act as a coach and influence tactical direction.
- Assist participate in technical design to ensure requirements are met.
- Assist PMO in the tracking and documentation of the business benefits and process changes.
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, business administration or related field and two (2) years related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in technical requirements gathering (interview techniques, JAD sessions, questionnaires), requirements analysis (documentation analysis: sequence, activity, state or UML diagrams; prioritization, cost/benefit, gap or traceability analysis) or business process re-engineering (current/future process/data flows, time studies).
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities|
- Ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Ability to operate independently and manage complex assignments and concurrent tasks.
- Ability to run small projects and small teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Intense focus on detail and accuracy of work.
- Solid organizational, analytical, problem-solving and time management skills.
- Self-starter with the initiative to learn new processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively convey complex and detailed technical information.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, including overnight.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.