Store Number: 8311
Store: Southeastern Grocers
Category: Store Support / Corporate
Position Type: Finance / Accounting
Address: 8928 PROMINENCE PARKWAY BUILDING 200Jacksonville, FL, 32256
Job Title: Sr Accountant
|The sr accountant performs various technical accounting functions and analytical reviews for a designated accounting area. This position helps the business unit achieve goals, anticipate needs and resolve problems. In addition, the sr accountant will provide guidance and mentoring to other associates on the accounting team.|
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
- Prepare financial reports in accordance with general accepted accounting principles.
- Analyze financial statements for accuracy and trends.
- Perform complex analyses of various technical accounting concepts.
- Research accounting pronouncements to determine impact on the company’s operations.
- Complete and review balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Assist in the technical development of various associates on the team.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field and three (3) years of accounting work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Master’s degree in business administration (MBA) or accounting.
- Five (5) years’ experience in accounting or finance.
- CPA designation.
- Lives the Valuesby embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-drivenshowing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientatedby passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passionthrough consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities|
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Strong PC skills including proficiency with the primary Microsoft Office applications.
- Proficient knowledge of accounting theories and principles.
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, decision-making and time management skills.
- Ability to make independent business decisions as necessary.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with multiple levels of internal and external management.
- Demonstrated ability to train others effectively.
- High standard of integrity and reliability.
- Intense focus on detail and accuracy of work.