Manager, Property Management (Retail)
Store Number: 8311
Store: Southeastern Grocers
Category: Store Support / Corporate
Position Type: Real Estate / Facilities
Address: 8928 PROMINENCE PARKWAY BUILDING 200Jacksonville, FL, 32256
Job Title: Manager, Property Management (Retail)
Location: Store Support Center
|The manager, property management, is responsible for the oversight of the company�s properties and communication with the landlords/property managers to ensure compliance with our company standards. This role will negotiate with landlords on lease renewals and with subtenants for spaces managed by the company. This position will manage an area of 400+ operating and closed stores, 10 non-retail locations, 80 liquor stores and 50 subtenant locations. |
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
- Negotiate with landlords to secure shopping center improvements (e.g., enhancements to parking lot asphalt, parking lot lighting, landscaping, fa�ade upgrades, A/C unit and roof repair/replacement).
- Negotiate with subtenants to lease vacant space within the company�s portfolio.
- Negotiate for lease concessions, capital contributions and shopping center improvements from landlords prior to the company exercising a lease renewal.
- Ensure our lease agreement rights are not violated (e.g., use restrictions) and the exterior of our properties are maintained in accordance with the company�s high standards.
- Partner with the maintenance department in the communication to landlords for resolution of on-going repair and maintenance issues that are the landlord�s responsibility (e.g., roof leaks, A/C repair, exterior painting, parking lot maintenance, landscaping and retention ponds).
- Assist, when necessary, the lease administration team to resolve disputed billings for common area maintenance (CAM), real estate taxes and insurance.
- Manage multiple projects to completion within given timelines.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor�s degree in business administration or related field and five (5) years experience in the real estate industry; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Retail or Commerical Real Estate experience
- Must possess a valid driver�s license.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Lives the Valuesby embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company�s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-drivenshowing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientatedby passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first� always by putting the customer�s needs above all else.
- People Passionthrough consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities|
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in real estate transactions, documentation and state laws.
- Excellent communicator (oral and written) with strong organizational skills.
- Effective at problem-solving and dealing with conflict and confrontation.
- Ability to work with and through other people to accomplish a task.
- Detailed approach to managing projects and resolving problems and excellent follow-up skills.
- Strong PC skills including proficiency with the primary Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple complex projects simultaneously and meet strict deadlines.
- Willingness to learn new things and advance within the organization.
- Ability to manage and direct multiple complex projects simultaneously to drive solutions that meet or surpass business expectations and deliver project milestones on-time and within budget.
- Demonstrated ability to apply management principles and techniques to direct, educate and motivate employees.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively convey complex and detailed information to a diverse population.
- Exceptional problem resolution and process improvement skills.
- Superior analytical, organizational, decision-making and project management skills.
- Fully versed in administrative and budgetary management functions.
- Ability to maintain the highest level confidentiality.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, including overnight.