Store Number: Location 0558
Store: Winn-Dixie Retail Stores
Position Type: Hourly Associate
Address: 1326 FERDON BLVDCrestview, FL, 32536
Job Title: Florist
Location: Retail Grocery Location
|The florist is responsible for increasing customer confidence and loyalty by providing courteous and prompt service, consistent operating conditions, fresh and appealing product and a friendly atmosphere. |
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
- Provide continuous attention to customer needs; greet, assist and thank customers in a prompt, courteous and friendly manner.
- Manage inventory, in-stock position, pricing integrity, merchandising, expense control and other operational processes to company standards.
- Ensure the department is merchandised in accordance with the needs of the community; maintain shelf allocations to ensure the availability of products at all times.
- Design and make floral arrangements for all occasions.
- Offer product suggestions when appropriate.
- Stock and rotate department products to ensure freshness and date control; restock and use supply items efficiently to eliminate waste and to maintain the lowest supply cost.
- Operate department equipment and tools.
- Keep work area clean, orderly and free from safety hazards; report faulty equipment and hazards to management.
- Notify management of team member theft, customer shoplifting, unauthorized mark-downs, property defacement or any action that is illegal and/or against company policy.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Experience in creating floral arrangements.
- High standard of integrity and reliability.
- Lives the Valuesby embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-drivenshowing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientatedby passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passionthrough consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities|
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Possession of Florist Certification or ability to obtain same within 180 days of placement.