|The fresh food manager will oversee the daily operations of the prepared foods, traditional deli and cheese departments in high volume deli departments. This position is accountable for the profit and loss (P&L) for their areas and must use their leadership and merchandising skills to manage product levels and make sound business decisions. In addition, the fresh food manager is responsible for increasing customer confidence and loyalty by promoting and executing consistent operating conditions, providing courteous, knowledgeable and prompt service and a friendly atmosphere in the department.|
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
- Demonstrate and role model exceptional customer service exceeding customer expectations; ensure team members greet, assist, provide efficient service and thank customers in a prompt, courteous, friendly and business-like manner in order to promote the company image as a service-oriented operation.
- Ensure departments are well maintained and meet or exceed company standards for appearance and freshness.
- Recruit, manage, develop, evaluate and retain a team of direct reports in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Manage inventory, in-stock position, pricing integrity, merchandising, labor, security, expense control and other operational processes to company standards.
- Ensure departments are merchandised appropriately for the season and in accordance with the needs of the community.
- Evaluate department conditions and operations to determine strengths and areas for improvement; reinforce strengths while developing and implementing improved practices and procedures.
- Monitor and minimize spoilage in the prepared foods, traditional deli and cheese departments.
- Train and coach team members on all KPIs, product processing, customer service, product knowledge, suggestive selling, proper labeling, safety and sanitation.
- Responsible for scheduling department team members.
- Conduct weekly sales meetings with team members to establish merchandising, sales and profit objectives.
- Communicate priorities regarding department readiness, the menu and promotions.
- Ensure company standards for safety, proper food handling practices, product labeling, sanitation and productivity are maintained.
- Ensure adherence to wage and hour policies and regulations.
- Ensure all policies and programs are communicated and executed in a positive and timely manner.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Culinary training or three (3) years experience in a food preparation position.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Three (3) years management experience in a full service operation or previous assistant manager experience.
- Proficient with computer applications used in effectively operating the department.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, motivational and communication skills.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and solve problems.
- Lives the Valuesby embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-drivenshowing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientatedby passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passionthrough consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities|
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Possess or earn the ServeSafe® Food Protection Manager, Certified Professional Food Manager (CPFM) or Food Safety Manager (FSM) certification designation within ninety (90) days of appointment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of local, state and federal health and sanitation laws.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the utilization and maintenance of kitchen equipment.
- Ability to perform basic math functions and understand financial and cost management documents.