Kosher TM (Mashgiach) FT
Store Number: Location 0291
Store: Winn-Dixie Retail Stores
Position Type: Hourly Associate
Address: 20417 BISCAYNE BOULEVARDAventura, FL, 33180
- Follow guidelines and guarantee the kosher supervising agency’s policies are maintained.
- Responsible, in the absence of the lead kosher associate, for opening the kosher deli daily.
- Prepare the kosher department; responsible, in the absence of the lead kosher associate, for turning on all burners, ovens, grills, steamers or any other heating equipment used in kosher departments.
- Inspect and approve the kosher status of all food products before they enter the kosher areas; ensure all kosher food deliveries or orders are properly sealed and taped.
- Examine and approve all produce prior to use when prepared as a kosher certified product.
- Provide continuous supervision to ensure all kosher food preparation rules are followed in kosher areas which include, but are not limited to, kosher deli and kosher fish (filleting); ensure knives, cutting boards and other utensils for the kosher produce and kosher fish are properly locked up after use.
- Inspect areas needing frequent, but not continuous, kosher supervision (e.g., kosher bakery, grocery, freezers, refrigerators, etc.) and ensure compliance with all kosher regulations.
- Control kosher labels to ensure food packaging is properly labeled.
- Kasher for Passover; maintain all kosher guidelines for Passover areas.
- Train all associates who will be involved with the kosher areas to comply with kosher regulations.
- Provide customer service and prepare food; assist shoppers by guiding and educating them on the company’s kosher policies in order to ensure consumer confidence.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.