Meat Cutter Apprentice
Store Number: Location 0526
Store: Winn-Dixie Retail Stores
Position Type: Hourly Associate
Address: 13620 HWY 43 N.Northport, AL, 35475
Job Title: Meat Cutter Apprentice
Location: Retail Grocery Location
|The meat cutter apprentice is responsible for increasing customer confidence and loyalty by providing courteous and prompt service, consistent operating conditions and a friendly atmosphere. Under supervision, this position cuts meat to specifications for variety, size, quality and trim. |
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
- Provide continuous attention to customer needs; greet, assist and thank customers in a prompt, courteous and friendly manner.
- Responsible for learingin meat cutter skills and responsibilities as directed by the Meat Cutter or Department Manager including:
- Prepare and package food products and process customer orders to their specifications; process fresh meats, smoked meats, seafood, random weight, lunchmeat, frozen food and salted meats to production standards.
- Receive and breakdown meat deliveries.
- Utilize peak time performance cutting lists to cut and trim all products as directed by company standards.
- Properly wrap, weigh and price product as needed.
- Properly cube, slice and grind meat as needed.
- Observe local, state and government weights and measure laws, sanitation standards, grinding logs and Country of Origin Labeling.
- Observe safety standards while working with power equipment
- Offer product suggestions when appropriate.
- Stock and rotate department products to ensure freshness and date control; restock and use supply items efficiently to eliminate waste and to maintain the lowest supply cost.
- Operate department equipment and tools.
- Keep work area clean, orderly and free from safety hazards; report faulty equipment and hazards to management.
- Notify management of team member theft, customer shoplifting, unauthorized mark-downs, property defacement or any action that is illegal and/or against company policy.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- High standard of intergrity and reliability.
- Lives the Valuesby embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-drivenshowing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientatedby passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passionthrough consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities|
- Ability to complete Computer Based Training (CBT) and Training Aid Courses.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- FLOATER ONLY: Ability to travel as needed.