Store Number: 8311
Store: Southeastern Grocers
Category: Store Support / Corporate
Position Type: Merchandising
Address: 8928 PROMINENCE PARKWAY BUILDING 200Jacksonville, FL, 32256
Job Title: Director, Category
Location: Store Support Center
|The director, category, is responsible for understanding the performance of the category at retail, by store and by consumer segment and executing the merchandising strategy in order to increase category sales and profit. This position will manage vendor relations and negotiations and develop consumer segment-specific category strategies. This director will lead a category team dedicated to an assigned category and coordinate cross-functionally in the organization to implement the plan. |
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
- Lead the analysis of a consumer decision tree for a given category; develop and implement strategic plans for the business unit.
- Define the criteria for evaluating a new item for addition into the current assortment and for evaluating an existing item for continuation in the current assortment.
- Conduct category reviews to assess performance of assigned categories across customer segments, stores and items (new, existing, nationally branded and corporate branded).
- Manage the supplier relationship for vendors in the category which includes selecting vendor partner, negotiating elements of the relationship, leading the category reviews, defining the rules for evaluating vendor performance, resolving issues related to service level and gaining vendor support for the promotional calendar.
- Analyze the category financials and maintain responsibility for the unit�s P&Ls, specifically sales, gross margin, shrink, markdowns and expenses.
- Coordinate cross-functional team to ensure proper execution of the category strategy plan including forecasting, new product introduction and promotional activity.
- Provide coaching and leadership to category team for development.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor�s degree in business, sciences or a related field and ten (10) years of experience in the retail industry with time in category management; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Master�s degree in business, sciences or a related field.
- Lives the Valuesby embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company�s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-drivenshowing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientatedby passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first� always by putting the customer�s needs above all else.
- People Passionthrough consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities|
- Ability to manage and direct multiple complex projects simultaneously to drive solutions that meet or surpass business expectations and deliver project milestones on-time and within budget.
- Demonstrated ability to apply management principles and techniques to direct, educate and motivate employees.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively convey complex and detailed information to a diverse population.
- Exceptional problem resolution and process improvement skills.
- Superior analytical, organizational, decision-making and project management skills.
- Fully versed in administrative and budgetary management functions.
- Ability to maintain the highest level confidentiality.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, including overnight.