|The manager, merchandising operations, will support the company in developing, communicating and achieving departmental goals focused on improving customer experiences and team member engagement for the assigned department, across all banners. This position will serve as the subject matter expert on products and processes within their respective department and will clearly communicate to store teams on methods to execute against merchandising programs while maintaining high standards.|
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
- Provide expertise and category knowledge by working closely across the company and with the regional store management teams to assist in the development and communication of solid plans to improve results in their assigned department. Assist in the creation and communication of standard operating procedures for the implementation of new concepts, overall merchandising, and practices/procedures within the stores encompassing communication, marketing, and training plans for all processes that are easy to understand, realistic, and sustainable.
- Maintain a clear understanding of the overall department strategy, the local competitive market, customer segment, the economic environment and the ability to clearly communicate it to stores teams. Provide specific feedback based on knowledge to stakeholders across the business to highlight opportunities for continuous improvement including processes, ad planning, product selection, and fresh/local. Serve as a subject matter expert and work closely with the compliance department when issues arise to ensure that all federal, state and company health, safety and sanitation codes are understood through clear, concise communication.
- Contribute subject matter expert knowledge to, coaching, training and educating the regional and store management teams to ensure that they have a solid understanding of the expectations and standards/principles associated with each department. The manager, merch ops, will complete store visits to ensure that all communications and processes adhere to department standards/principles and are clearly understood. Additionally the manager will make sure all processes have been effectively communicated and are in place in order to deliver consistent execution and financial results.
- Communicate clear and concise information that is relevant to various levels of the organization; including department managers, store management, district directors, regional VPs, logistics and supply chain and merchandising. Collaborate with the regional VP, district directors and merchandising management consistently to ensure that corporate goals are clearly communicated, easily understood in an effective and efficient manner.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field and a minimum of three (3) years merchandising experience in the retail industry; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Eperience as a store director, department manager, specialist or merchandiser
- Experience making decisions in complex business environments
- Previous multi-unit grocery retail management experience.
- Lives the Valuesby embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-drivenshowing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientatedby passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passionthrough consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities|
- Self-motivator with a passion for research and an urge to fully understand any process put before them.
- Demonstrated strong PC skills including Microsoft office suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to make presentations to persuade and influence a diverse group of people.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver exceptional customer service, team member engagement, merchandising, sales and profitability results.
- Prioritizes competing demands and works at a constant pace to consistently meet deadlines
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and develop a team of people of all levels and various backgrounds to accomplish goals.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively convey detailed information to a diverse population.
- Demonstrated strong financial acumen, analytical and organizational skills.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Ability to travel up to 35% of the time, including overnight.